- Participates in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of the facilities, grounds and equipment for operations at either Ford Ice Center.
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of hockey glass, dasher boards, party rooms, locker rooms and other event related equipment
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility
- Perform pre/post event inspections and document with completed checklists
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional
- Prepare ice for all practices, games and other ice events. Duties include: removing debris; checking ice depth; maintaining glass and dasher boards.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms
- 1 year experience in ice rinks preferred, but will train right candidate.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including driving history and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by our insurance carrier (without conditions).
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 75 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders, accessing remote areas of the facility, working with hand and power tools, communicating via portable radio, reading and comprehending blueprints and drawings
- Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Ice resurfacers, ice edgers, and all other ice maintenance equipment
- PC and other general office equipment
- Various power and hand tools
- Forklift, scissor lifts, boom lifts, motor vehicle (company truck), and other light duty machinery
The Ford Ice Center and the Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Savannah Fortenberry ([email protected]
) to request an accommodation.