In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Operations Conversion Technician, Overnight
Reports To: Senior Manager, Overnight Conversion
Status: Non-exempt (Full Time)
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescoping seating.
- Perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and document with completed checklists.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional.
- Assist with supervising the work of both in-house & temporary labor staff & ensure all arena safety guidelines and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School graduate or GED
- Must possess valid driver’s license and good driving record; must also be insurable under the company’s driver policy
- Some experience in operations of light machinery
- Possess a safety-focused, communicative, and proactive mindset.
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to an extensive and thorough background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification, driving record check, and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Powers Management’s insurance carrier.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 75 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
- Required to work long hours on event days.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. for up to 10 [minutes/seconds at a time], occasional lifting up to 75 lbs. for up to 3-5 [minutes/seconds at a time].
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day.
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Various power and hand tools
- Light trucks, scrubbing machines, forklift, suction cups, pallet jacks, and man lifts
Preds Perks: | In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, all full-time employees of the Nashville Predators and entities are eligible for Preds Perks. These currently include the following: Competitive pay, referral bonuses, 401K eligibility, priority access to event presales, tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, premium pay for overnight shifts, 19+ days of paid time off each year, Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.