In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Manager, Human Resources
Department: Ford Ice Center / Human Resources
Job Reports To: Senior Director, Human Resources
- Employee Relations: Identify potential employment related issues and promptly inform the Sr. Director of Human Resources. Conduct thorough investigations as needed. These issues include but are not limited to the following:
- Time Punch Entry
- Work-related injuries
- Conflicts of interest
- Harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence
- Other employee concerns
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Human Resources, administer corrective actions for Ford Ice Center staff, and, where applicable, process terminations for staff, which includes but is not limited to completing necessary paperwork, gathering documentation, and updating internal records.
- Record and maintain employee incidents, compensation adjustments, promotions, and other employee records within the HRIS system.
- Maintain all employee files, including personnel, benefits, I-9, and workers compensation, ensuring paperwork is routed to Bridgestone Arena in a timely manner.
- Educate Ford Ice Center staff regarding benefits offered to full time employees, and respond to inquiries pertaining to company benefits, including but not limited to claims, network, ID cards, and carrier access.
- Track and manage all training for Ford Ice Center staff, including but not limited to: annual harassment prevention training, incident reporting, reasonable suspicion and CPR, routing appropriate documentation to Bridgestone Arena for filing.
- Manage and track all FIC-specific trainings, including but not limited to front desk procedures, opening/closing duties, cash handling, locker room policies, incident reporting and others, ensuring that training logs and acknowledgements are obtained and personnel records are updated to reflect training completion.
- Manage workers compensation process for all Ford Ice Center employees, which includes but is not limited to: reporting and filing claims, processing and tracking paperwork, and gathering internal documentation (incident report, witness statements, return to work releases, etc.).
- Assist HR with annual company-wide performance management and review process, as well as the annual merit cycle, and open enrollment process.
- Educate Ford Ice Center staff regarding the Company’s 401k retirement plan and facilitate online enrollment and communication to payroll for deduction purposes.
- In conjunction with Sr. Director of HR and legal counsel, manage ADA accommodation process.
- Facilitate FT new hire badge process with Bridgestone Arena and PT new hire badge process with FIC customer service.
- Process verifications of employment for FIC employees in a timely manner.
- Request motor vehicle history reports for employees at the Ford Ice Center whose job duties require driving. Review and alert both the Human Resources and Legal departments as to the findings.
- Support the Director of Recruiting and Engagement on the recruiting process, including but not limited to background checks, updating teamworkonline.com, distribution of all postings, responding to candidate inquiries, checking references, creating and sending offer letters, completing EAF’s and IT/security notifications, and assisting with new hire orientations and onboarding.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with FIC management as well as weekly meetings with HR and legal at Bridgestone Arena.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- B.A. Degree required, concentration in Human Resources preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word and Access).
- Familiarity with cloud-based payroll/ HR software a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of employee classifications (FLSA status, independent contractor, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work with sensitive data and always maintain strict confidentiality.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by our insurance carrier (without conditions).
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions:
- Physical activities include sitting, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Must be willing to work in cold temperatures.
Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- High finger dexterity.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.