Nashville Predators Job Description
Job Title: Motion Graphics Designer
Department: Game Presentation
The Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for supporting the design and development of creative content for in-game entertainment including live action opens, sponsored interactive pieces, and ice projection. This candidate will perform various roles during Nashville Predators home games, including serving as a game night graphics operator. Therefore, the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as dictated by the hockey schedule is essential.
- Create original graphic content for Nashville Predators games and Bridgestone Arena events. Facilitate the design and creation of video/motion graphic elements and animations to be used for:
· LED signage (inner bowl and exterior displays)
· In-arena programming (center hung video boards)
· Online digital content
- Conceptualize, storyboard, design, animate, distribute, and manage content.
- Shoot, edit and direct video elements when needed.
- Work with Game Presentation Team to determine and facilitate graphic production for in-house video projects, ensuring brand consistency.
- Encode, convert and edit videos, adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Stay informed on advancements in animation and software resources, as well as industry trends, pop culture, and fan tendencies with the goal of delivering cutting-edge in-game content.
- Collaborate with Digital team on projects for appropriate platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Graphic Design and/or Video Production degree or equivalent work experience.
· A minimum of two (2) years professional experience in Motion Graphics required.
· Proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop/Illustrator and Adobe Premiere Pro required.
· A minimum of one (1) year experience with 3D design software required (Cinema 4D, Blender, etc.)
· Redshift or Unreal Engine experience preferred.
· Sports entertainment experience preferred.
· Experience with video production workflow required.
· Understanding of projection and video mapping on a playing surface.
· Experience with leading and developing projects required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
· Experience working with unusual composition sizes preferred (LED and multiple display formats) preferred.
· Positive attitude. Works collaboratively.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
· Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
· Must be comfortable accepting feedback and specific direction.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based environment while maintaining creative design integrity.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
· Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Club’s insurance carrier and have reliable transportation.
· As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
· Walking, bending, carrying, lifting and handling heavy video equipment weighing 50 pounds required.
· Occasional work at heights of up to 110 feet.
· Ability to clearly communicate with clients and coworkers.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· Ability to stand in an upright position for continuous period of time.
· Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
· Ability to work in a cold environment and around an ice surface.
· Exposure to bright lights, loud noises, extreme temperatures and dust.
· Visual acuity including but not limited to depth perception and color variation.
· General Office Equipment (i.e. PC, copier, fax machine, etc.).
· Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop).
· Ross Xpression real-time motion graphics systems.
· Cinema 4D/Blender
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.
Join our team and receive the following perks!
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k plan featuring a company match
- Priority access to event presales
- Nashville Locker Room discount
- 19+ days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year
- Complimentary tickets to events
- Ford Ice Center benefits, including free programming for employees + discounted programming for family members
- Corporate partner discounts
- Opportunity to receive commissions through Smashville Sales Program
- On Demand Pay
Can you please add a link to your online portfolio/demo Reel?