The Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to promoting Amateur Hockey & Fan Development initiatives for the internship program. Please read below for requirements and description.
Amateur Hockey & Fan Development Internship Minimum Requirements:
This position assists the Amateur Hockey & Fan Development Department in all aspects of preparation and execution of grassroots youth/adult hockey and fan development initiatives, such as Get Out and Learn, Little Preds Learn to Play, Kids Club, and various on-ice programming at Bridgestone Arena and Ford Ice Center. Primary responsibility is to provide day-to-day administrative support to department, including responding to general inquiries through email and phone, and maintaining registration databases.
- Assist efforts for Kids Club member recruitment and registration at community events and team functions. Assist fulfillment of online orders.
- Setup and teardown the Kids Zone concourse and plaza activities at all home games and team functions in an effort to promote initiatives to grow the game.
- Participate in weekday, evenings and weekend ice or street hockey clinics in the community and/or local rinks.
- Assist in marketing, registration and logistics of programs to include, but not limited to, responding to email/phone inquiries.
- Assist with season events such as Hockey School, Hockey & Heels, etc.
- Research youth/adult hockey and fan development programs from around the NHL.
- Assist the Ford Ice Center Hockey Department with other responsibilities as needed.
Nashville Predators / Ford Ice Center Internship Requirements:
- Interns must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, per semester including non-traditional work hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. During the season this may include game nights.
- All interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities, with the ability to earn academic credit for time spent in an internship position
- Internships do not provide compensation, housing, or transportation
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion
- As a condition of internship, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, which will at a minimum include a criminal background check and character references and if applicable, may include a driving history check.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service approach.
- Upbeat, friendly personality. Polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced work environment.
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional work hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.