Job Title: HVAC Technician
Job Reports To: Director, Operations
- Perform the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of various electrical or electronic equipment including HVAC and chiller motors, motor controls, transformers, controls and switchboards.
- Diagnose, repair, maintain and install commercial HVAC system and their components.
- Regularly inspect devices to ensure that they are working optimally.
- Maintain proper tools, parts and safety equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with heating and air conditioning and ice plant.
- Lead and train less experienced HVAC mechanics.
- Assist in other projects as assigned by management.
- Assist operations personnel as directed.
- Manage HVAC computer control and operation system.
- Participates in safety meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Comply with OSHA/TOSHA regulations.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Handle hazardous materials.
- High school diploma.
- Five years experience or two year degree in HVAC and Chiller filled.
- 2-3 years refrigeration plant experience.
- Employee must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Power’s insurance carrier.
- Controls and pneumatic valve maintenance experience.
- Electric motor control experience.
- EPA and HVAC certifications from a recognized source in HVAC management.
- Electrical experience and familiarity with general facility maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical functions like welding, soldering, fabrication and brazing.
- Sound knowledge about the tools and other equipment needed to install and repair HVAC systems including, but not limited to electric and gas welders, voltage meters, forklifts, scissorlifts, boom lifts and various hand and power tools.
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills and attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans and manuals.
- Ability to read and write and understand complex directions.
- Flexible with regard to work schedules. Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must observe and adhere to safety regulations.
- Must be a self-directed worker, and set an example for performing quality and professional work.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to operate the HVAC controls programs with a personal computer.
- Ability to be on call as assigned.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds), carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Work in small crawl and/or confined spaces.
- Work in different degrees of heights.
Operate welders, voltage meters, forklifts lifts and various hand and power tools.
- Exposure to noise, fumes, chemicals and/or extreme weather conditions at times.
- Electric and gas welders.
- Voltage meters.
- Forklifts, scissorlifts, boom lifts and other light duty machinery, as required.
- Various hand and power tools.
Full Time Staff Perks: In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, (active the first of the month following hire date) all full-time employees of the Nashville Predators and entities (Ford Ice Center, F&M Bank Arena, SS&E) are eligible for the following: referral bonuses, 401K eligibility (after 1 year of employment), priority access to event presales at FMBA and Bridgestone Arena, tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, 19+ days of paid time off each year, work from home opportunities (if applicable), Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential.
The Nashville Predators and our entities is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may email [email protected].