Title Usher I
Department Guest Services
Reports Directly To Senior Manager, Guest Experience
This entry level position works with and reports to the Guest Experience Manager/Lead/Supervisor on duty. The responsibilities encompass a variety of duties including, but not limited to, facility entrance- including scanning tickets, directional assistance and working all positions outside the arena bowl. Most importantly, the Usher 1 provides excellent customer service while exceeding the guest’s expectations during events including at the Xcel Energy Center for concerts and Minnesota Wild games.
Be a Part of the Experience!
How will you contribute to the Experience?
- You will be responsible for the entry process; verification of valid tickets, allowing guests event access, scanner and printer usage/knowledge, providing general directions and assisting with handouts including lifting and moving boxes to various locations.
· Able to read and verify tickets, knowledge of various ticket delivery methods, problem solving scanner and printer concerns
· Able to assist with directions to general seat location and specific building locations
- You will be responsible for working in a variety of ancillary areas including stairwells, escalator directional, assisting with line control, working in the lobbies and providing breaks
- You will monitor the work area
· Complete periodic checks of assigned area ensuring guests are complying with facility rules, such as no smoking, using vulgar language etc. looking for contraband, checking for safety hazards
- You will respond in a timely manner to the guests needs and reports any concerns to the supervisor
- You will build relationships with the guests in assigned locations and be able to transport guests via a wheelchair to locations within the facility
- You will follow proper procedures during evacuations and emergencies
- You will be available for a minimum of four shifts per month
- You possess exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
- You will be able to work with the guest and staff in a professional manner at all times
- You will be able to work within a team and a service oriented environment
- Available to work day, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Available for a minimum of four shifts per month
- Able to work all Usher 1 positions within the facility
- Able to deal with frequent change
- No guarantee of hours
- Ability to stand up for 4-6 hours at a time
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- May push and pull wheelchairs up to 300 lbs.
- May be exposed to inclement weather-coat will be provided
This posting will close on August 10, 2019.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.