Title: Guest Services Supervisor (Part-time)
Department: Guest Services
Reports Directly To: Guest Services Manager/ Lead Supervisor
Who are we looking for?
The Guest Services team is looking for a Supervisor to work with and report to the Lead Supervisor. This role is responsible for implementing and supervising all service initiatives defined below, while exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Responsible for deployment and supervision of the ushering staff during events. With the ability to work all gate positions and each level within the facility. Responsible for the entry process as it pertains to the verification of valid tickets, smooth and quick entry process, scanner concerns as well as serving as a liaison between the box office and Guest Services.
- Able to monitor the conduct of staff including coaching of employees in regards to work related concerns
- Identifies and monitors potential problem areas and regularly inspects event area prior to opening and throughout the event to ensure areas are safe and ready for our guests.
- Responds in a timely fashion to calls and emergencies.
- Accurately completes necessary documentation for the following:
o Incident reports - this includes a detailed description of the incident ex: time, place, location and resolution, gathering witnesses and their identification, following up with the MOD and any staff involved.
o Documentation of counseling of staff. This includes what occurred, who was involved, what steps were taken to resolve the problem and what kind of coaching was given.
- Ensures proper procedures are implemented during evacuations – working with the lead and the MOD to ensure all steps are taken to evacuate fans and employees as safely as possible to a designated location.
- Communicate and coordinate with ushering staff in regards to staff breaks, uniforms, handouts, ticket issues, changes in event schedule etc.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings with the ushering staff prior to each event sharing pertinent information about the event and any special requirements needed for the event.
- Reports feedback of the ushering staff in regards to job performance to the lead supervisor and management.
- Assists guests with needs including directions, seating, food location etc.
- Assists with training and evaluation of new employees as needed.
- Remains fully versed on any policy changes and able to answer general inquiries and provide effective coaching and guidance to resolve employee issues.
- Keeps an active pulse on employee engagement, concerns and questions by listening and employing good judgment when talking to the staff and fans.
- Collaborates with leadership to facilitate changes, special tasks and respond to management direction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Customer service experience
- Usher experience preferred
- Supervisory skills a plus
- Knows the role of ticket taker / usher and can assist the front line staff as needed
- Strong problem solving skills including identifying and resolving in a timely manner
- Able to follow instructions and respond to supervisor direction
- Able to work with the guest and staff in a professional manner at all times
- Customer services oriented and have a fan friendly attitude
- Able to work independently and within a team and a service oriented environment
- Professional appearance at all times
- Available to work evenings, weekends and normal business days
- Able to deal with frequent change
- Able to work all Guest Services positions within the facility
- No guarantee of hours
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours at a time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push and pull wheelchairs up to 300lbs.
- May be exposed to inclement weather-coat will be provided
- Able to walk up and down steps
- Able to read ticket and direct guests appropriately
This posting will close on August 11, 2019.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.