Iowa Wild Marketing Specialist:
Des Moines, IA has been home to the Iowa Wild hockey team since 2013. With the city ranking #1 for minor league sports market in America in 2018, the Iowa Wild has grown the state of hockey here and has no plans to slow down. The Iowa Wild received the 2018-2019 AHL Team of the Year Award, was one of only two teams in the AHL to achieve 750 New FSE Sales during the 2018-2019 season, and received the 2018-2019 Department of the Year. The role of the Iowa Wild Marketing Specialist will be responsible for in-office and game day support of marketing, sales and merchandise departments. This is a part-time, hourly position that will include 15-20 hours/week.
- On-ice & off-ice set up of promotions
- Assist in game day setup and breakdown
- Coordinate the development and execution of special events to achieve key short and long term brand goals (cause marketing events such as Pink in the Rink night, VIP events, etc…)
- Assist Marketing & Customer Service Manager in developing strategic email marketing plans
- Assist in the execution of all group needs (including choir set up, youth hockey, etc.)
- Greet and interact with fans
- Operate Chuck-A-Puck tables, including; set up, breakdown, selling and clean-up
- Assist with other non-game events (pregame and postgame events)
- Other duties as assigned
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
- Current student in college working towards a degree
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-2 years business-to-business sales experience with proven track record of successfully developing and closing new business in a high-volume sales environment
- Proficient computer skills including ability to work with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Positive attitude and desire to be successful while having fun within professional and team-oriented environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple duties
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work well independently within a team and results oriented environment
- Available traditional business hours in addition to evenings, weekends and/or holidays for games or events
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.