IOWA WILD ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, TICKET SALES
Des Moines, IA has been home to the Iowa Wild hockey team since 2013. With the city ranking #1 for minor league sports market in America in 2018, the Iowa Wild has grown the state of hockey here and has no plans to slow down. The Iowa Wild received the 2018-2019 AHL Team of the Year Award, was one of only two teams in the AHL to achieve 750 New FSE Sales during the 2018-2019 season, and received the 2018-2019 Department of the Year. The role of Account Executive, Ticket Sales is responsible for selling New Season Ticket Plans, Mini-plans and Group Tickets. This role will focus on building strong relationships with fans, clients and Season Ticket Members in order to create a world class experience and provide the best customer service possible.
- Responsible for new business development of all Iowa Wild products through face-to-face presentations, prospecting new clients, following-up on referrals and leads, and cold calling
- Makes outbound calls daily with customers/new clients prospecting new business
- Prospects and qualifies all new leads and referrals for season tickets, group sales and suite sales
- Meets new business development and sales goals which are defined and outlined within specific quarterly and annual budgets
- Manages sales kiosks, service clients and work other related assignments on game days
- Regularly attend season ticket holder events to maintain and service current ticket holders
- Consistently deliver high-level of customer service to both internal and external clients helping provide world-class service
- Performs other related duties as assigned
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- College degree required, or equivalent education and related sales experience
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-2 years business-to-business sales experience with proven track record of successfully developing and closing new business in a high-volume sales environmen
- Proficient computer skills including ability to work with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Positive attitude and desire to be successful while having fun within professional and team-oriented environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple duties
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work well independently within a team and results oriented environment
- Available traditional business hours in addition to evenings, weekends and/or holidays for games or events
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.