Iowa Wild Corporate Merchandise Game Day Coordinator (Part-Time) - Iowa Wild (Des Moines · IA)
The Iowa Wild Retail team thrives on the fast-paced energy of hockey and Iowa Wild fans. We are consistently bringing new merchandise of all varieties to our fan base with expert customer service. We strive to bring new ideas to the table while always keeping true to Wild hockey. You will have both hands in the process that brings these new styles and fan experiences to the surface!
As a Wild Merchandise Coordinator, YOU WILL:
- Do everything with a “My Pleasure” attitude. It’s a way of life in the Corporate Sales & Service Merchandise Departments. Help serve our most passionate fan base and corporate partners. You will build trust with your clients with diligent follow-up, top-level activation, and game night service with a personal touch that allows you to get to know your clients. Your clients will become part of the Iowa Wild family and a relationship you’ll help keep for the Iowa Wild for years to come.
- Be Wild about events. You are part of the core of the team for all game day activations and servicing of all Wild home games client parties, partner activations, and the merchandise store! You will work with all co-workers inside the Corporate Service and Merchandise Departments to ensure all activities for our partners and fans are memorable. Know our partner’s needs, know what our department needs and then execute your tasks to a tee! You will make sure concourse tables, suites, and a merchandise store are ready in a timely manner, and all fan interactive games, food, and beverage are ready for our fans to enjoy. You are an important ambassador in our department, and you help enhance our fan's experience and relationships with our Iowa Wild team.
- Have a growth mindset. As you grow into your position with the Iowa Wild you are expected to be part of our decision-making process. As a department, collaboration is at the heart of what we do. You are expected to be a part of our collaboration to help make the best decisions and best practices for our fans. To be a part of this collaboration, you believe that you can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning from inside our company and across the sports industry. You will have resilience which is essential for great accomplishment.
- Be an ambassador of the Iowa Wild Brand. Your interaction with our partners and fans is constant. You help them become walking billboards for our business and you champion that effort by delivering exceptional corporate client service, every time. Fans see you as a helpful, supportive resource and a critical part of our team and the Wild’s culture.
YOU ARE A:
- People Person. Our team runs on relationships. Professionalism and discretion are at the heart of building strong bonds across all our corporate partnerships and relationships with all our Iowa Wild coworkers. You are an individual who is good at working with others, having empathy, with abilities to teach, be taught, influence or persuade, is often called, or would refer to themselves, as "a people person." Your soft skills are the most important and sought-after attributes for this position.
- Focused Doer. We believe big ideas reap even bigger rewards when managed effectively. Everything you do touches people, so flawless execution is non-negotiable. Your work can be fast-paced, and it can be easy to lose sight of the details, but that’s where the magic is at. With ruthless prioritization, you focus on getting things done quickly and flawlessly. Of course, you’re not perfect, so when mistakes are made, you step up, take responsibility, and issue meaningful apologies when you’re wrong.
- Great Teammate. At the Wild, everything we do is grounded in serving. You serve our organization, each other, our fans, and our community. Leadership is not a rank, it’s not about being in charge; it’s about taking care of those in our charge. You inspire those around us to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more.
THE IOWA WILD WILL:
- Listen To You. We need your thoughts, ideas, and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
- Treat You Like an Adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output, impact, and accountability.
- Challenge You. We’ll look to you to help create a greater State of Hockey. We promise you'll be surrounded by supportive people equally committed to the organization. Go Wild!
- Commit to Diversity Equity & Inclusion. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and seek to employ a workforce that is representative of our entire audience. Our goal is to make hockey available to all who wish to play.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Ability and flexibility to work evenings, days , and holidays, and work all Iowa Wild home games and events is required.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc. , and the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- In accordance with the ADA, this role requires stated physical duties. Should accommodation be requested, Minnesota Sports & Entertainment will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation.
- Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.