AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager, Business Development works closely with the Vice President, Business Development & Ticket Sales and Manager of Business Development & Strategy to structure resources to influence the sales growth of LA Kings ticket sales through building relationships with business and executive the B2B process. The manager will also work to enhance the packages and experiences for existing clients while developing strategies to attract new business.
- Work with Sr. Director of Business Development & Strategy to perform analysis, research and planning to assure that the objectives on monthly and yearly goals are achieved
- Responsible for selling complex Business Full Season packages that include on-site tickets, parking, and event suites.
- Identifies and cultivates leads from self-prospecting; set up meetings with business prospects and meet face-to-face
- Plan and execute full season packaging pitch presentations and proposals to new and existing clients.
- Create Business Development Sales plans, implementing cross-selling tactics for LA Kings and Staples Center products
- Responsible for keeping sales management informed on progress toward established revenue goals; send prompt updates on success stories and other pertinent information
- Assist with developing large entertainment plan packages and other packages that leverage different products
- Host and Entertain Prospective Clients at specific AEG events; attend networking events to develop new business.
- Assist management with sales strategies and motivational tactics for the team; act as a mentor for Account Executives and Representatives
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Manager, Business Development must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
- Proven track record of negotiating with the ability to improvise.
- Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work well independently
- Excellent problem solving skills within a team setting
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of individuals from multiple business units to accomplish company goals
- Must have a high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external clients
- Understanding of the presentation and proposal development process with strong PowerPoint skills.
- Renowned solution selling pedigree and contacts.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to synergize the efforts and inspire individuals and teams from multiple AEG business units to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and sports marketing
- Strong and effective leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook; Word; PowerPoint; Excel) and Adobe Photoshop
- Highly innovative mindset with a positive demeanor
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with a background in selling marketing and/or advertising at a client-direct, agency, or media company level
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.