Coordinator, Community & Hockey Development - Los Angeles Kings (El Segundo · CA)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Coordinator, Community and Hockey Development is a full-time team member responsible for completing the daily tasks associated with the organization, coordination and implementation of camps, clinics, and Learn to Play Programs throughout the greater Los Angeles area. The coordinator is also tasked with scheduling, gathering and assembling event details, and day-to-day assignments for Ice Crew – Hockey Development staff. This role also assists with the growth of Special Needs hockey community in Los Angeles.
- Help execute revenue and non-revenue generating LA Kings Camps and Clinics. Build out of registration pages, reserve ice, staff LA Kings Ice Crew – Hockey Development, order equipment/jerseys, and assist with on and off-ice instruction and logistics.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Community and Hockey Development to organize programming and activations within the Special Needs Hockey community. Aid in the growth and awareness of the programs. Create a direct relationship with the LA Kings Community and Hockey Development Department and hosting Kings supported events.
- Oversee the logistics of the Little Kings Learn to Play Program. Build out registration pages per rink location, organize orientation and graduation events. Define each rink’s registration capacity and monitor throughout registration timeline
- Organize Little Kings equipment fitting with Pure Hockey. Place jersey and equipment order.
- Assist Director, Community and Hockey Development in organizing excess Little Kings equipment to repurpose for community hockey initiatives.
- Schedule LA Kings Ice Crew – Hockey Development staff. Obtain monthly staff availability. Assign team and individual tasks per shift and communicate the event details to the staff.
- Order LA Kings Ice Crew – Hockey Development warm-ups and equipment. Assist with budget management on all LA Kings Ice – Hockey Development expenses.
- Participate in department and planning meetings, attend off-site events, site visits for all participating Little Kings rink locations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Coordinator, Community & Hockey Development must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills that will result in the growth of youth hockey programs.
- Polished presentations skill, with an ability to think and react to situations confidently.
- A go-getter, with real drive and initiative to succeed and develop a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Assertive, Persistent and Results-oriented.
- While looking to succeed personally, ability to support team environment and adhere to departmental guidelines.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to oversee a project from start to finish.
- Ability to use and pick up on complex computer programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn required business systems.
- Ability to consistently re-prioritize based on sales needs.
- Ability to thrive under a competitive sales environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the sport of hockey required.
- In-depth knowledge of the local hockey community in Southern California is preferred.
- BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Experience in project planning, preparation and execution required.
- Coordinating experience in the sports and entertainment industry preferred.
Pay Scale: $19.56-$25.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.