OUR COMMON PURPOSE:
Enterprise Center, Stifel Theatre, and the St. Louis Blues are an organization dedicated to creating a culture that fosters a genuine connection with the community, our guests, and each other through a passionate dedication to hospitality.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position reports to the Director, Guest Experience & Public Safety. The Senior Manager, Guest Experience will provide leadership, training, and motivation to the Guest Experience managers and staff of Enterprise Center & Stifel Theatre. They are also responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive work environment, providing leadership to set and maintain exemplary service standards, and ensuring a positive guest experience. This position supports management responsibilities of the Guest Experience Managers. You must demonstrate flexibility and be committed to helping staff achieve professional and organizational goals while working quickly, efficiently, and enthusiastically in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Experience with budgets, scheduling, payroll, hiring, training, and building programs to motivate a large team of part-time staff is crucial to the success of this position. Must be a self-starter and be able to work long irregular hours. Must have good verbal and written communication skills along with team building skills.
- Provide leadership, vision, and supervision for all Guest Experience managers and staff.
- Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touchpoints.
- Maintain effective communication that meets the needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain a dependable staff that meet the operational needs of the business.
- Assist the Director, Guest Experience and Public Safety with creating policies and procedures for both departments.
- Support the Guest Experience Manager’s in hiring and effective management for their areas of oversight.
- Work with Director, Guest Experience and Public Safety to set and support professional development targets.
- Contribute to improving the guest experience by alerting appropriate departments when problems arise and handling guest complaints and emergencies.
- Lead weekly event preparation meetings and staff event briefings.
- Work with the Guest Experience Managers to facilitate regular department meetings to address recurring issues or areas of opportunity.
- Assist the Director, Guest Experience and Public Safety with creating, managing, and reviewing the Guest Experience budget to ensure organizational compliance and maximize operational efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance and administration of current union labor contract.
- Position requires ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or 3+ years in relevant field.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, ISS 24/7, Time and attendance, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience hiring, training, scheduling, managing, and motivating a large part time staff.
- Strong observation skills and desire to be proactive addressing guest needs.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be vaccinated for Covid 19 or willing to be vaccinated before reporting.
- Attend yearly security officer re-certification training to maintain an active security license.
- Attend yearly management and service-oriented trainings as approved in budget.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.