The Senior Event Manager position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the events taking place in the venues including developing, coordinating, and supervising all event related activities key to the operation of the facility including but not limited to vendor coordination, labor management, collection and distribution of event information from promoter/show representatives/sports teams, billing preparation/support, customer service representation to our guests and logistics of departmental activities relating to events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates all event information to the appropriate Departments and staff
- Advance each show/event with appropriate show/promoter representative in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates all vendors needed for each engagement including sound/lighting, catering, labor, decorating and other services
- Develop, implement, and manage event budgets with facility sales staff and other appropriate show/promoter representatives
- Develop accurate event seating information with the Box Office Manager and Operations Manager, and ensures that event set-ups are accurate
- Communicates in a timely manner with each Department Head regarding specific needs and information for each event
- Prepares and distributes Event Data Sheet to all staff and Departments in a timely manner
- Prepares post event report for all events coordinated
- Meet with facility game operations/community events/sponsorship to collect and distribute game requirements and coordinate efforts to produce team events
- Work with promoters and agents to coordinate facilitate client needs for each event and provide cost estimates as required/requested
- Preparation of and submission of expenses for event settlement. Attend settlement if required
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
- Assigns the Event Managers to the events when they are confirmed.
- Executes other operational duties as assigned
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- 4-year degree from a college or university
- One-year experience same or similar position in arenas, convention centers, stadiums or theaters preferred
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, CAD and Ticketmaster ticketing software preferred
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will occasionally be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, greeting and directing clients verbally and in writing. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts and be able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients and determine an optimal solution to their concern. Employee will frequently communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as ticketing equipment and software, laminator, calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes, and printers. Employee will also frequently move about inside and outside facility in various areas before/during/after events while directing clients/groups to desired locations. Employee must constantly communicate via radio, telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee will be expected to work extended hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.