The St. Louis Blues/Enterprise Center/Stifel Theatre is St. Louis’ premier sports and entertainment facility and one of the busiest in the nation. Over a million visitors each year come through the turnstiles for St. Louis Blues Hockey, concerts from world-class performers, college basketball and numerous family shows. It takes a passionate, dedicated, service-oriented team of hundreds to make each event memorable for our Guests.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant. The candidate should have a strong cost analysis background, as well as, general accounting experience.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with monthly closing process including journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and management reports
- Maintain a flexible schedule to work evenings, weekend and holiday events both at Stifel Theatre and Enterprise Center, settle with the event promoters/talent, and facilitate production/operations of events in relation to finance objectives.
- Completing individual event settlement journal entries as well as profit & loss statements for all events hosted at Enterprise Center and Stifel Theatre.
- Creating/tracking departmental and event-driven budgets for Enterprise Center and Stifel Theatre, including:
- Analyzing prior year line items and current year expectations to create budgets/forecasts
- Reviewing/investigating current month end balance as compared to budget for individual departments
- Informing departments and management team of overages, savings, shortfalls, etc.
- Reconciling the event ticket sales provided by the box office and Ticketmaster to recorded bank deposits
- Preparing analyses requested from all levels of management, primarily requests for monthly review meetings with management
- Reconciling monthly intercompany journal entries between each operating entity.
- Review, process, and ensure proper approval for incoming invoices for event-driven expenses within Enterprise Center and Stifel Theatre
- Assisting with the annual financial audit
- Any other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
• Three to six years of accounting experience
• Accounting experience within a sports and entertainment facility preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently, and complete tasks on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with staff and service providers.
• High level of personal integrity, accountability, tact, and a positive attitude
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results.
• Passion for the entertainment industry
• Excellent analysis skills with attention to detail
• Self-motivated with strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interface and work with other departments within the company.
• Financial accounting systems experience, Microsoft Great Plains preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.