GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position will be responsible for aiding the Senior Director of Building Operations in overseeing building services, housekeeping, equipment and other contracted services. Provide and direct for the overall product inventory, product ordering, cleanliness and appearance of the facilities and grounds. This position will be responsible for the implementation of a training programs and safety program plan. Submit, plan, and maintain the annual departmental budget as well as provide input as to content and priority of the capital long range plan. Aid in the preparation of all events to include but not limited to set-up, event and operation tear down. Provide and assist in the coordination between staff, potential client, and promoters as needed for the successful presentation of events. Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years in a multipurpose Arena/Stadium environment. Must be a self-starter and be able to work long irregular hours and posses’ good communication and team building skills.
- Assist in the effectiveness of building operations with regards to the appearance and cleanliness of equipment, components, systems, and structures. Responsible to the Senior Director of Operations for the facilities readiness condition, ability to support events, and day-to-day operations. Direct the department and contracted staff in the support of conversion equipment, training of personnel and annual budgeting of materials and labor. Set work priorities based on event schedules and coordinate with the Senior Director of Operations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual department budgets and capital expenditures to be submitted to the Senior Director of Operations for approval.
- Apply Established Safety Standards, coordinate with the Senior Director of Operations on safety related issues. Assist in the direction of the department staff when dealing with environmental needs and requirements. Ensure that all work is preformed in accordance with good industry practices and safety regulations.
- Review schedules, reports, material inventories and costs to maximize effectiveness of the facility operation programs. Submit reports and improvements plans to the Senior Director of Operations for approval and implementation.
- Maintain proper dress attire for self and all personnel assigned as instructed by Enterprise Center Management.
- Help support our goal of providing “an unparalleled guest experience” through thoughtful leadership, professionalism and teamwork across all departments, trades, third party contractors, promoters, event coordinators, corporate sponsors and business partners of the Enterprise Center, St. Louis Blues and the Stifel Theater.
- Assist in the processing of all discipline and termination actions, when necessary, in accordance with personnel policies, CBA, and coordinate actions with the Enterprise Center Management and Human Resources.
- Continue to monitor and instruct current department software needs as it relates to department and building services.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates with full recognition that overall accountability is attained and ensure that supervised personnel perform on their own initiative and without prior approval as described in their job description.
- Assist in the supervision and monitoring of contractual services as it relates to the Enterprise Center and its needs.
- Oversee and supervise the implementation and completions of all projects inside/outside of the facilities.
- Ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines simultaneously.
- Assist another department when needed. Be a team player!
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent Job experience in the related field.
Attend meetings and conferences as it relates to the Facility Operations of the Enterprise Center. Manager, Building Services will be required to stay up to date with alarms and emergency procedures for life safety, fire protection and provide all assigned staff in the necessary training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.