GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position under direction from the Maintenance Foreman will be responsible for performing skilled work in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of interior and exterior walls, partition, gypsum board, wooden and metal studs, painting, floating and sanding, drywall, ceiling, countertops, cabinetry, maintenance and repair of the facilities plumbing system. Provide assistance in the preparation of all events to include but not limited to set-up, operation and tear down. Help support our goal of providing “an unparalleled guest experience” through professionalism and teamwork across all departments, trades, third party contractors, promoters, event coordinators, corporate sponsors and business partners of the Enterprise Center, St. Louis Blues and the Stifel Theater.
- A minimum of 6 years’ Carpentry/Maintenance experience in a multipurpose facility environment.
- Required knowledge and experience in the setup of all events including, but not limited to, the following: ice events, basketball, boxing, concerts, tennis, football, trade shows, family shows, religious events, and political events etc.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work long irregular hours as needed and possess good verbal and written communication and teamwork skills. T
- his position must be proficient in computer knowledge to include, but not limited, to: Microsoft Office, ISS 24/7 work order system and Pay-Cor
- Assist in building operations and maintenance with regards to equipment, components, systems, and structures.
- Assist the Maintenance Foreman in the facilities readiness condition, ability to support events, and day-to-day operations within the carpentry and the maintenance fields.
- Performs demolition and installation of interior and exterior walls and partitions, gypsum board, wooden and metal studs and furring systems, ceiling grid work and tiles for suspended ceiling systems, and constructs custom countertops and cabinetry.
- Installs and repairs and replaces hardware for doors and cabinets, installs and replaces flooring carpet, VCT Tile, Linoleum, paint and stair materials.
- Installs interior and exterior doors and closures. Builds sheds and small storage areas including all framing and roofing.
- Performs masonry repairs and constructs brick and concrete block dividers or walls.
- Painting of a walls and surfaces which includes Floating and sanding
- Performs maintenance and repairs to walls, ceiling, roof, ramps, docks, overhead doors, and other interior and exterior building structures and systems.
- Review event schedules, plumbing reports, equipment conditions, parts and material inventories and cost, as instructed, to maximize effectiveness of the plumbing systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the maintenance and repair of plumbing, heating systems, piping, boilers, pumps, lavatory equipment etc.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with good industry practices, safety regulations, building standards and supervisory instructions.
- Responsible to the Maintenance Foreman for the facilities readiness condition, ability to support events, and day-to-day operations.
- Assist in the maintenance, repairs with regards to production, equipment, components, systems, and structures.
- Conduct physical inspections for adherence to Enterprise Center standards of equipment, proper use of materials and equipment, quality control, supply inventory and appearance.
- Apply Industry Established Safety Standards; coordinate with the Maintenance Foreman on all safety related issues.
- Maintain proper dress attire for self as instructed by Enterprise Center Management.
- Assist all other departments whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree or equivalent Job experience in the related field.
- This position will be required to have the ability to read blueprints or AutoCAD drawings and write at a level necessary for a successful job performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.