The St. Louis Blues, Enterprise Center, and Stifel Theatre organization is seeking a People & Culture Intern. The intern will work closely with the People & Culture team to develop skills with real world experience. Tasks may include projects focused on recruiting, hiring, training, benefits, payroll, employee relation, and DEI efforts. The intern will learn practical application of recruiting and hiring practices, onboarding, the importance of employment law and compliance, benefits management, etc.
This is a part-time, paid position working 20-29 hours per week.
Rate of pay is $12/hr.
Internship Dates: August 29th -Mid December
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in posting employment opportunities on external and internal sites
• Screen resumes received for open positions
• Assist the People & Culture Team with onboarding activities when new employees are hired, especially preparing and handling new hire paperwork
• Prepare for and assist during job fairs or recruitment events
• Update documents and policies/procedures as needed
• Assist Culture & Experience Manager with preparation and execution of activities
• Assist with document filing
• Assists the People & Culture department or other departments with related duties, as assigned
• Currently enrolled college level student
• Desire to gain experience in professional sports, hospitality, venue management, with an emphasis in HR
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong ethical standards and sense of confidentiality
• Availability to work daytime, evening, and weekend hours
• Minimum of 20 hours per week including office hours and events