Summary: The Building Operations Coordinator position is responsible for overseeing all shipping and receiving items throughout the facility. Including but not limited to daily UPS and FedEx deliveries. Also, responsible for coordinating the delivery and disbursement of all theme night and fan giveaway items. Aids Supervisor, Building Services, in checking the cleanliness of the building after each event and making sure any issues are resolved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage day to day shipping & receiving needs
- Manage internal shipments/distribution such as gameday giveaways
- Document and submit monthly utility readings
- Assist Sr. Manager, Building Operations with the scheduling of various vendor/contractor deliveries and repairs
- Assist Supervisor, Building Services to ensure facility cleanliness and readiness
- Ensure internal event needs are set accurately
- Assist Manager, Building Operations by locating and documenting maintenance needs
- Executes other operational duties as assigned
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- 4-year degree from a college or university
- One-year experience same or similar position in arenas, convention centers, stadiums or theaters preferred
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours)
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will occasionally be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, greeting and directing clients verbally and in writing. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts and be able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients and determine an optimal solution to their concern. Employee will frequently communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as, laminator, calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will also frequently move about inside and outside facility in various areas before/during/after events while directing clients/groups to desired locations. Employee must constantly communicate via radio, telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee will be expected to work extended hours including evenings, holidays and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.