The Pittsburgh Penguins are seeking a video producer to create, edit, and optimize video content for distribution across social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in capturing and editing video, creating motion graphics, and strong knowledge of social media best practices for, at a minimum, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram/Instagram Stories.
A standard 40-hour work week is expected, along with flex schedule availability for games, events and projects as needed. Additional hours and heavy workloads are considered normal during the season and during peak periods, and typically includes weekends, evenings, and holidays according to the established team schedule. Travel will occasionally be required.
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, up-to-date with social media trends in sports video, and possess a wide range of knowledge in video editing and graphic design.
Position reports to Reports to: Vice President, Digital
Department: Digital under the Marketing Umbrella
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create unique, engaging video content for Penguins fans to be distributed on social media platforms
- Video storyteller – must be able to produce content that is a catalyst for an emotional response
- Work within the Penguins brand, while making content fresh and non-formulaic
- Contribute creative ideas as a part of the digital team and collaborate with video and creative groups
- Provide a unique, behind-the-scenes look at what it means to be a player/staff member for the Pittsburgh Penguins through the use of video and creative editing
- Edit and optimize video for cross-platform distribution across the Penguins’ social channels
- Create motion graphics for the Penguins’ social channels
- Proficiency with professional video camera and add on tools
- Sony A7iii, Ronin-S, Sony FS72
- Keep updated on industry trends and technology developments and propose suggestions for improvements
- Attend team functions, as approved by PR and Hockey Operations
Skills and Attributes
- Strong proficiency in After Effects
- Proven skills and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Motion graphic design experience and comfort
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines at once
- Strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team and/or independently on multiple projects
- Familiarity with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Pittsburgh sports culture
- Positive attitude, passion for excellence, and commitment to continual improvement
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, within and outside the department
- Self-confidence to sell ideas as well as accept feedback and alternative approaches
The ideal candidate should must have the ability to regularly lift and transport camera equipment weighing up to 30 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Interested, qualified candidates should apply with a resume and a sizzle reel/link of related work. Preferred candidates will be contacted for follow up interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.