Reports to: Senior Director of Foundation Programs and Strategic Planning
Based at: One Chatham Center, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Job Purpose: Assist the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation with growth of its mission and pillars – youth hockey, wellness, education and community.
Requirements: Intern must be a junior or senior in college and must take the internship for credit during the Fall 2022 semester. The internship is unpaid.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Impact the Foundation’s mission and pillars positively by assisting with youth hockey, wellness, education and community projects
- Demonstrate creativity in support of fundraising initiatives and special events
- Manage aspects of the Foundation’s social media, website and e-marketing outreach
- Assist with the coordination of team/alumni special events and gameday promotions
- Research NHL and local charitable projects to outline growth opportunities for the Foundation
- Foster the Foundation’s relationship with the public by providing exceptional customer service
- Organize and fulfill charitable donation requests
- Assist in the collaboration and design of marketing materials and fundraising tools
- Create, edit, and proofread official documents and correspondences
- Knowledge of MS Office products, internet navigation and research capabilities
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain a flexible schedule
- Desire to assist the community
- Availability to work Pittsburgh Penguins home games at PPG Paints Arena and additional community/charitable events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.