The Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation is seeking a Gameday Coordinator to manage the Penguins Foundation Station located on the concourse outside the F.N.B. Club at PPG Paints Arena. On Penguins home gamedays, the Foundation Station features a Gameday Auction, unique merchandise, and information regarding our youth programming and mission. Merchandise and auction sales benefit the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation, youth initiatives and local nonprofits. Fans inside and outside the arena have the opportunity to bid on Penguins memorabilia throughout the game via Givesmart, an online fundraising platform. Fans in the arena can visit the Penguins Foundation Station to view select auction items, purchase gameday merchandise and learn more about the Foundation’s programs. The Gameday Coordinator will also assist with specialty themed/games, in-seat/in-suite visits to Foundation guests and photography for social media.
Duties and responsibilities for each game night:
- Set-up and dismantle the Foundation Station
- Must be able to lift at least 15lbs.
- Monitor the station before and during the game, answering any questions fans have about the bidding process, items being sold, gameday initiatives or the Penguins Foundation.
- Entice fans to bid utilizing the Givesmart platform.
- Encourage fans to purchase gameday memorabilia and support the Pens Foundation’s initiatives.
- Take responsibility and be held accountable for all sales and items used at the station.
- May be required to work additional Foundation events and fundraisers.
- Training will be provided for all payment platforms (Givesmart and Square Up).
QUALIFICATIONS & EMPLOYEE CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must have a passion for the mission and charitable work of the Penguins Foundation
- Preference of prior sales experience.
- Must arrive 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to game start time.
- For example: 4:15 PM for a 7:00 PM start time. Subject to change.
- Must have basic knowledge of Pittsburgh Penguins, current and alumni players, and the team’s history.
- Act in a professional manner:
- No eating or drinking while working the station in front of fans.
- Available to work all/majority of Penguins home games (preseason, regular season, playoffs), working a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and certain holidays; a season schedule can be found here: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm.
- Must have exceptional oral communication skills.
- Must be personable and extroverted to encourage fans to bid or buy memorabilia.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Employment subject to criminal background check
This is a paid position offered at a gameday rate to be reviewed during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.