Reports to: Senior Director, Strategic and Community Initiatives & DEI
Based at: PPG Paints Arena, 1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 (in person is required for this internship)
Job Purpose: Assist the Pittsburgh Penguins with its mission – to be the best organization in sports, respected for our culture of excellence on and off the ice.
Requirements: Intern must be a junior or senior in college and must take the internship for credit during the Fall 2022 semester. The internship is unpaid.
We’re seeking a highly motivated individual with deep intellectual curiosity and a passion for DEI and corporate social responsibility (CSR), project management, and community engagement to join our team.
The CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND DEI INTERN will perform various administrative tasks and support our department’s daily activities. The Intern will assist in organizing and coordinating projects and initiatives, and will have game day responsibilities. This is a heavily research based internship.
This is an internship role where you will be an important contributor to our planning around CSR and DEI. This experience will give you a front-row seat to understanding work at the intersection of hockey, community engagement, and corporate social responsibility.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research best practices, benchmarking and industry trends of Corporate Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility, as assigned
- Develop concise, informative summaries for internal and external audiences
- Create slide decks, dashboards, data tables, and other tools that communicate information in a highly visual, intuitive, and accessible fashion
- Conduct background research on a wide range of CSR topics
- Provide planning and implementation support for internal and external Community Affairs programs, including volunteer management, corporate sponsorships, documentation, event tracking, and evaluation
- Assist in the design and develop internal communications and meeting presentations. Collaborate with leaders to create appropriate messaging of Community Engagement strategies, initiatives, and policies
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Senior Director, Strategic and Community Initiatives & DEI
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Study in Human Resources management
- Naturally curious personality with a drive to understand complex issues
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research analysis
- Strong, research, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate collaboratively within a team environment while also moving work forward independently as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.