The Pittsburgh Penguins have the development rights to 28 acres of land at the former Civic Arena site, in the Lower Hill District community. There is a community benefits agreement associated with this development - the Community Collaboration and Implementation Plan (CCIP).
Oversight and implementation of the CCIP is the responsibility of the Executive Management Committee, a nine-person committee with three co-chairs including Daniel Lavelle, District 6 City Councilman; Jake Pawlak, Deputy Mayor, City of Pittsburgh; and Kevin Acklin, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Committee members include: Glenn G. Grayson, Jr. (Hill District Resident); Jake Pawlak (City of Pittsburgh Mayor’s Office); R. Daniel Lavelle (Pittsburgh City Councilman- District 6); Tracey McCants Lewis (Pittsburgh Penguins); Glenn R. Mahone (Reed Smith LLP - Retired); Tyian Battle (ACH Clear Pathways); Marimba Milliones (Hill Community Development Corporation); and Alicia George (Schenley Heights Community Development Program).
The Project Administrator (Administrator) is responsible for ensuring that developers have a plan and strategy for, and are in compliance with the Lower Hill Community Collaboration and Implementation Plan (CCIP). The Project Administrator’s chief responsibility is to advance the fulfillment of the CCIP. The CCIP is made of seven focus areas including, and the Administrator will ensure strategic communication and accountability between the Developers and the EMC. This includes, but is not limited to monitoring and reporting on the Development Team’s compliance with the CCIP requirements such as MWBE Inclusion and Local Resident Workforce hiring efforts. Such monitoring and reporting will require the Administrator to collect required reporting and to disseminate to the CCIP EMC, the EORC, URA, SEA and other government entities, and when appropriate the public.
The CCIP’s Project Administrator is an experienced professional in the areas involving project administration, communications, construction and trades, contract compliance and regulatory processes.
- Establishing expert-level strategic understanding of the CCIP and related documents;
- Support the EMC in securing and monitoring CCIP commitments for proposed developments that the Developer’s advance on a block by block basis;
- Refining, building and implementing a framework for successful implementation of the CCIP utilizing the EMC adopted work plan;
- Establishing protocols and procedures related to the CCIP’s implementation in partnership with the EMC;
- Facilitating the tactical implementation of the CCIP including, but not limited to, MBE and workforce inclusion;
- Onsite observation of construction site to validate Developer and General Contractor reports;
- Review and consolidate MWBE inclusion plans from contractors, and monitor contractor and sub-contractor bid advertising for MWBE Inclusion;
- Confirm, monitor and validate developer and contractor reporting, and ensure completeness and accuracy of reports and projections;
- All Manpower Reports
- Workforce Recruitment and Training Reports / Local Resident Hiring Efforts
- Minority Business and Women Business Enterprise Utilization Reports
- Provide required reports to the CCIP EMC and Equal Opportunity Review Commission related to MWBE Inclusion;
- Coordinate with contractors on project scheduling to provide Manpower Projections for planning of workforce recruitment and training programs;
- Collect the monthly Manpower Reports submitted by each Developer, Contractor, sub-contractor (including consultants) with any workforce/MBE dedicated to the development project, along with their requests for payments;
- Review the appropriate use of the Waiver Process to assure that there is no willful abuse or repeated failure to adhere to the MWBE process by a contractor or subcontractor.
- Must possesses exemplary project management and administration skills;
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to facilitate and encourage courageous conversations and ensure productive outcomes
- Must have excellent judgement and discernment, with strong commitment to ethics
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills, specifically oral presentation skills
- Ability to provide timely follow-up communications with developers, community members and groups, and EMC
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required; CRM skills a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Individuals and consulting practices are welcome to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.