Position: Payroll Analyst
Department: Finance - SHP
Reporting To: Payroll Manager
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
On December 4, 2018, the NHL granted the 32nd NHL franchise to Seattle Hockey Partners. As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, the team continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 2021-2022 NHL season. In addition to the redevelopment of the New Arena at Seattle Center, Seattle Hockey Partners are consecutively building its front office headquarters, training center and three NHL regulation rinks at Northgate. This development represents not only further investment in making Seattle the epicenter of the Pacific Northwest but establishing a skating presence within the city for the first time in more than 40 years.
We are currently seeking an Payroll Analyst that is proactive, driven and collaborative. This person will report directly to the Payroll Manager and will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the payroll and timekeeping process including reviewing, validating, and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments, reporting and records.
- Analyze, audit, reconcile and quickly resolve payroll and timekeeping issues to ensure timely submission.
- Respond to employee payroll questions and stakeholder reporting requests.
- Partner with our HR, Benefits team to improve processes.
- Research payroll issues independently, demonstrating high analytical ability, knowledge of best practices, and an understanding of federal and state payroll tax and labor law developments.
- Assist in identifying process improvements and efficiencies that support company growth and evolving business needs.
- Assist with payroll accounting as needed.
- Assist with internal and external audit support.
- Provide superior customer service that exceeds internal and external customer expectations with prompt communication, and a sense of urgency.
- Provide creative suggestions and proactive solutions to internal and external customer issues.
- Complete other special projects as requested by leadership.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of accounting or payroll experience with multistate payroll. Experience with UltiPro is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and judgement, along with a mind for detail.
- Bachelor's Degree, Business or Accounting emphasis preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer system skills including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Ability to learn quickly, open to change and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment; handle multiple tasks with the ability to reprioritize and shift priorities quickly.
- Written/Oral communications - ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to work flexible hours required.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.