The National Hockey League is looking for an SQL Developer and Stats Analyst for the development, enhancement, and support of their statistics research. This role will develop the tools to provide the NHL Public Relations staff with historical stats related to current noteworthy events that occur in NHL games on a nightly basis. This role’s duties will include using various tools and/or historical databases to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize statistical data in a usable form to bolster story lines and increase interest in the game.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of self-service tools, establishing long-range objectives and functionality to achieve them.
- Calculating, tabulating, auditing, and analyzing statistical information.
- Analyzing inquiries and defining a sound methodology to produce the best possible solution.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Identify relationships in statistical data that could be refined to improve research performance and turnaround time.
- Help build and maintain a thorough knowledge base that categorizes inquires and defines appropriate methodologies.
- Recognizing differences or similarities to past inquiries to help refine processes and methodologies.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Ownership of performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Must be prepared to work evening hours and weekends. This role will be scheduled to work primarily from 6:00pm - 2:00am.
- BS/BA degree, ideally in Mathematics or Information Technology.
- At least three to five years’ experience as a Data Analyst, preferably in the sports & entertainment industry.
- Strong knowledge of the sport of ice hockey and the National Hockey League is a mandatory requirement.
- At least three to five years working with relational databases.
- At least three to five years of SQL experience with the ability to write complex queries.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Any digital development experience a plus.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.