**This is a maternity leave coverage contract position anticipated to last approximately 16 months**
Responsible for day-to-day management of League Corporate Partners in Canada. Leverage League assets to develop and execute fully integrated Partner/NHL campaigns to deliver against brand objectives and achieve business results. The candidate will find opportunities to strategically align Partner programming with League initiatives and maximize the third party reach of Partners. Provide high-end client service with solutions-oriented feedback to continuously grow the Partner relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the "Engagement Manager" for current and new Corporate Marketing Partners; connecting the Partner with all NHL departmental functions.
- Assists Partners in short and long-term plan development with responsibilities for project management from concept development through to promotion implementation and measurement.
- Deciphers and applies research insights to elevate Partner programming.
- Works with Partners and internal digital teams/media agencies to develop strategic media plans.
- Works closely with Partners on the planning, development and execution of national and on-site activation plans around NHL Jewel Events (Heritage Classic, Winter Classic, All-Star Weekend).
- Responsible for fulfilling all contractual obligations and pro-actively selling new opportunities designed to further enhance the Partner's association with the NHL while increasing League revenue.
- Will have specific renewal and upsell targets for League platforms and League-controlled media properties.
- Setting the day-to-day direction for account management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of post-secondary education with a focus on Business.
- 6+ years marketing experience at a client, property or agency, with direct experience managing the development and execution of client programs that leverage a professional sports property.
- Experience in managing partner executions at premiere events.
- Strong strategic marketing, brand, promotional and advertising skills.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills .
- Strategic selling skills with ability to creatively connect brands to our game.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities. Biligualism (French) is an asset.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Results oriented with a drive to succeed.
- Logical with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, WORD, EXCEL).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (US).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, emails, or recruitment agency inquiries. Candidate application receipt confirmations and/or recruitment status update inquiries will not be provided.
The National Hockey League is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. The NHL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.