Design and execute systems, programs and events that accelerate League-wide culture transformations that positively impact growth, performance and reputation. Candidate will have the capability to understand, measure and assess diversity and inclusion metrics on multiple levels, and have significant experience in workforce and workplace practices that improve the way the NHL and its Clubs attract, recruit, hire, develop and train employees. The right candidate will be knowledgeable of corporate culture transformations, passionate about the way inclusion drives performance, and have strong project management, communication and critical thinking skills.
Lead internal, League-wide and industry-wide diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives that enable employees to bring their authentic selves, and further business objectives
- Build relationships with subject-matter experts, universities, NGO’s and beyond to strengthen League-wide capabilities in culture management and transformation
- Develop and integrate predictable best practice behaviors into the League’s workforce; help leaders define, document, train and live our culture
- Implement new, strategic workforce and people practices that may include: inclusion learning experiences, workforce demographic studies, employee resources and mentorship, internship and fellowship opportunities
- Manage data collection and analysis to measure effectiveness of D&I programs
- Partner with Human Resource and related people functions (i.e., Talent Management, Recruiting, ERG’s) to bring an inclusive lens to operations and maximize efficacy
- Collaborate across multiple business units, Clubs, NGB’s and external influence leaders in their ongoing adoption of inclusive leadership skills
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to D&I subject matter (i.e., Human Resources Management, Psychology, Organizational Development)
- 3+ years experience in project management, program management and data analysis
- Training and facilitation skills a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of learning solutions and approaches
Strong project and program management capabilities
- Passion for diversity, inclusion and belonging practices within corporate structures
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, self-starter, with comfort working in small teams
- Strong subject matter knowledge of cultural issues, people differences, and impact on performance
- Strong data analysis and assessment abilities
- Critical thinker with the ability to manage paradoxes, view challenges from multiple angles and find solutions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence leadership levels
- Highly organized, attention to details and strong follow-through
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.