The Front-end Developer position offers an opportunity to play a key role in designing and building the next generation of NHL applications. This position will be working closely with Application Developers, Product Developers, Design Lead, Project Managers, and other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal applications. The work is hands-on, engaging, team-oriented, and has high-visibility.
- Translating designs and style guides into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture, or new technologies.
- Prototype concepts and ideas to facilitate product development.
- The ideal candidate for the role will have five years of professional software engineering experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent preferred.
- Strong knowledge/experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Should be current on best practices for cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Familiarity of server-side web technologies such as Java, Node.js, etc.
- A solid understanding of RESTful API design and have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- Ability to translate designs and style guides into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Be comfortable integrating client-side code with server-side templating frameworks.
- High profile front-end software engineering experience, preferably with high traffic web sites.
- Comfortable in a Unix environment and knowledge of iOS and Android development.
- Experience working with database technologies.
- Involvement in client-side open source projects
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques
- Experience with React Native and Sketch a plus.
- Working knowledge of Java is a plus.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.