Oversee the generation, processing and tracking of NHL product license agreements. Direct the functions of Contract Administration Department, including coordinating with NHL attorneys, other relevant NHL departments and product manufacturers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage process of preparing, distributing and executing the volume of retail license and premium license agreements, amendments, renewals and other related documentation
- Maintain Contracts Administration database and generate relevant reports as requested
- Coordinate with relevant NHL departments (Consumer Products, Finance, Quality Control, IT) regarding process
- Test and troubleshoot new database systems and system enhancements, report findings and consult as needed
- Assist (under supervision of NHL attorneys) with preparing and negotiating license agreements and maintain agreement forms and boilerplate language
- Handle various post-execution matters such as obtaining insurance certificates, administering sublicenses, assignments and changes of control, responding to customs authorization requests, preparing notices of non-renewal, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of physical and electronic agreement files
- Coordinate with other members of the Contract Administration group and administrative support
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Extensive previous contracts administration and database management experience in a similar role at a law firm and/or within a corporate legal department strongly preferred
- Experience with Rights Logic or similar contract database system a plus
- Experience in licensing (consumer products or otherwise) also a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree
- Paralegal certificate (or similar credential) a plus but not required
- JDs considered but not required
- Approximately 7 years or more of relevant experience
- Candidate must excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Written and verbal communications (internal and external)
- Self-motivation and efficiency
- Leadership and project management
- Position requires flexibility and willingness to work hours necessary to maintain workflow, complete assignments and generally commensurate with the level of position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest in this position. All applications will be reviewed online. No phone calls or emails please.