The Coordinator, Central Scouting is a member of the Central Scouting information and administration team reporting to the VP-Director of Central Scouting. The role is all inclusive relative to Central Scouting global operations and mandates as a service department to the 32 NHL Clubs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the day-to-day CS office administration and operations as required.
- Responsible for the continual oversight and entry of scouting data which includes rosters, schedules, player profile creation / updates and the monitoring of connected data feeds in the NHL CS system.
- Maintains and updates the CS website ‘Home Page’ content which includes the “Injury Tracker” and “Tournaments and Events” sections as well as enters and updates all current news and advance scouting information on a daily basis throughout the hockey season.
- Assists in the collection of current priority scouting information and coordinates distribution to NHL Personnel through the CS Email Alert system and CS Twitter account (as well as any other incorporated social platforms) which operate seven days a week during the hockey season. This includes establishing and maintaining contact networks of NHL personnel, all partner leagues and teams, as well as monitoring social media networks for information on status of priority prospects, game/schedule changes, trades, suspensions, and any other relevant scouting information.
- Coordinates the annual pre-season administration and data collection of the NHL CS verified Height and Weight measurements program.
- Assists, on an annual basis, with the distribution, collection and posting of the “NHL Player Questionnaire” of NHL Draft eligible prospects.
- Assists in the printing and distribution of official NHL photo ID Cards for Scouting personnel of all 32 NHL Clubs prior to the start of each season.
- Assists with the system support and maintenance, upgrade initiatives, testing and analysis of the CS Website and scouting system.
- Assists with studies or surveys initiated by CS regarding the NHL Draft, Combine or Central Scouting operations.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of all NHL CS communication releases, the CS mid-term and final meetings, the NHL Scouting Combine, the NHL Draft and all other events that CS may participate in with various partner leagues (such as Prospects games and International tournaments.)
- Attends CS meetings, NHL and / or partner league events as directed by VP-Director of NHL CS.
- Assists with any NHL Hockey Operations (NHL-Toronto) programs as directed by the VP-Director of Central Scouting.
- Solid understanding and background in hockey is necessary; scouting knowledge a plus.
- Well organized multi-tasker; able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Must be able to maintain excellent attention to detail in performance of all duties.
- Quick learner and problem solver; willing to develop new disciplines and learn new technologies / skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills (written and spoken)
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken); other languages are a plus.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as well as the availability to remain "on-call" throughout the hockey season to address situations requiring attention outside of normal business hours.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of post-secondary education.
- Experience with social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience in hockey operations at the advanced level (Pro, Major Junior, College) is a plus.
- Experience with web-based content management systems, analytics, video equipment and editing software a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, emails, or recruitment agency inquiries. Candidate application receipt confirmations and/or recruitment status update inquiries will not be provided.
The National Hockey League is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. The NHL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.