Assistant, Consumer Products Licensing - National Hockey League (NHL) (New York · NY)
Founded in 1917, the National Hockey League (NHL®) is the premier professional ice hockey league in the world, and is one of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. With more than 600 employees across offices in New York, Toronto and Montreal, the NHL is a global sports and entertainment organization committed to building healthy and vibrant communities using the sport of hockey to celebrate fans of every race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. At the NHL, we are looking for dynamic, energetic and impactful individuals who are committed to doing the same by sharing in our philosophy that Hockey is for Everyone – and inclusion belongs on the ice, in the locker rooms, boardrooms and stands.
The role shall provide administrative support to Senior Vice President and Group Vice President Consumer Products and operate as an extension of these offices. The position facilitates clerical and organizational tasks as well as internal and external communication with all league departments and NHL partners in connection with licensing consumer products functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general office duties, including: answering phones and taking messages, arranging domestic and international travel, creating Purchase Orders, paying invoices, scheduling and coordinating in-person and virtual meetings, managing (Outlook) calendars, completing and processing expense reports, business plan document support, quarterly status reports, maintaining meeting minutes, business partner correspondence such as memos, letters of intent, licensee applications, contract filing and invoice reconciliations as well as coordinating meetings, schedules, and travel arrangements. The role executes digital presentations and partner databases/lists.
- Prepare and edit outgoing correspondence regarding matters of significance, to include email messages, memos, etc.
- Support the SVP, Group VP with presentations
- Perform specific functions to support the department’s work product including: specific researching, facilitate partnership introductions, contract routing, report writing, presentation building, partner & team communications, etc.
- Handle special requests, including gift purchasing
- Coordination of partner guest management, tickets to games and special events
- Organize onsite and offsite programs, events or conferences by arranging for facilities, travel, caterer, issuing information/invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling budget
- Flexible hours required, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exhibit high energy and willingness to pitch in and help the larger team accomplish goals and work assignments
- Be a strategic and critical thinker who is forward thinking, detail-oriented, analytical and well organized
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
- Results oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values
- Self-confident and resilient, with a high-level of enthusiasm
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills, including the ability to work independently and prioritize workload appropriately
- Familiarity with various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports and/or special projects
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Prior years of administrative assistant experience a plus; willingness to learn, adapt and work hard of greatest importance
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in relationship building with a sincere tone and a high level of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Highly proactive with a proven ability to multi-task; must be able to constantly and consistently prioritize workload of executives and oneself simultaneously
- Familiarity with retail, consumer goods, and fashion brands
This position will be based in our New York City Office. Are you willing and able to commute to our office for this position?
If you are not currently living in the tri-state area, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense for this position?
Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to continue work in the United States?
What are your salary expectations for this role? (NOTE: We are NOT asking for your current salary or salary history)
How did you hear about this position? Where did you first see this role posted?
What role do you feel the Administrative Assistant serves in the office?
Based on the job description and your experiences what areas do you believe you would be able to contribute to immediately?
What software and office equipment are you proficient in using?
Do you have any experience working in sports entertainment, licensing, or retail, if so explain.