Founded in 1917, the National Hockey League (NHL®) is the premier professional ice hockey league in the world, and is one of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. With more than 600 employees across offices in New York, Toronto and Montreal, the NHL is a global sports and entertainment organization committed to building healthy and vibrant communities using the sport of hockey to celebrate fans of every race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. At the NHL, we are looking for dynamic, energetic and impactful individuals who are committed to doing the same by sharing in our philosophy that Hockey is for Everyone – and inclusion belongs on the ice, in the locker rooms, boardrooms and stands.
The Network Engineer will be a motivated, well organized individual responsible for providing daily network operations support of the network infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for producing network implementation and migration plans.
- Minimum 4 years hands on network support experience preferably with Arista or Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Hands on experience with Cisco or Arista network routers and switches
- Hands on Experience with Palo Alto Panorama, NG Firewalls
- Experience with BGP Routing protocol and Layer 2 Protocols.
- Experience with Network security (Palo Alto firewalls, IPsec VPN, Dot1x)
- Experience with SNMP, Netflow, sflow and other Network Monitoring protocols and Methodologies
- Strong Documentation and experience with MS Visio
Education and Experience
Four-year college diploma or university degree in data communications or computer science, and/or equivalent work experience.
Motivated and self-starter with good technical aptitude. Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical audience.
Must work well under pressure.
Benefits to working at National Hockey League include:
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision insurance effective on the date of hire
- 401(K) Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
- Generous PTO policy
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
Salary range for this role is $135k - $155k.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.