Founded in 1917, the National Hockey League (NHL®) is the premier professional ice hockey league in the world, and is one of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. With more than 600 employees across offices in New York, Toronto and Montreal, the NHL is a global sports and entertainment organization committed to building healthy and vibrant communities using the sport of hockey to celebrate fans of every race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. At the NHL, we are looking for dynamic, energetic and impactful individuals who are committed to doing the same by sharing in our philosophy that Hockey is for Everyone – and inclusion belongs on the ice, in the locker rooms, boardrooms and stands.
The National Hockey League seeks an experienced attorney to provide legal support on technology- and data-related transactions, and other data and privacy matters.
Participate as a member of the League's in-house legal team primarily focusing on advising on negotiating strategy, structuring and general legal advice relating to IT / technology agreements, consulting agreements and data and privacy matters; responsibility for planning and day-to-day management of transactional processes; drafting/reviewing relevant agreements/documents; providing legal support in connection with League technology partnerships and League NFT and Metaverse businesses as needed; assisting in managing outside counsel; and performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 7 years of transactional experience focused in technology and/or data.
- Experience with NFTs, the Metaverse or related areas a plus.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Demonstrated superior drafting, negotiating, communication (written and oral), and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in identifying critical legal issues and evaluating and weighing legal risks.
- JD from an accredited law school. Admission (or ability to be admitted) to New York Bar required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- A positive, team-oriented and collaborative attitude.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Benefits to working at National Hockey League include:
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision insurance effective on the date of hire
- 401(K) Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
- Generous PTO policy
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Company Holidays
- Salary Range for this position is $175k - $195k
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.