Founded in 1917, the National Hockey League (NHL®) is the premier professional ice hockey league in the world, and is one of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. With more than 600 employees across offices in New York, Toronto and Montreal, the NHL is a global sports and entertainment organization committed to building healthy and vibrant communities using the sport of hockey to celebrate fans of every race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. At the NHL, we are looking for dynamic, energetic and impactful individuals who are committed to doing the same by sharing in our philosophy that Hockey is for Everyone – and inclusion belongs on the ice, in the locker rooms, boardrooms and stands.
The Senior Network Engineer will be a motivated, well organized individual responsible for providing daily network operations support of the network infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and testing of new hardware and services as well as produce network implementation and migration plans.
Would be responsible for all aspects of network technologies including but not limited to the following:
- Produce Network Design, Implementation and Migration plans.
- Test and support network hardware/services in various stages of deployment.
- Configure network equipment and services
- Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.
- Work with internal as well as external technical teams during design, development, and implementation phases of various network-related initiatives.
- Produce and review technical documentation.
- Perform daily morning checks as per documented procedures
- Document and track all Incidents, Problems and Requests
- Provide ongoing Network maintenance, including migrations, updates and security patches
- Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow performance
- Provide written documentation, updates and root cause analysis
- Available for after hours On-call support as needed
- Occasional travel for onsite support.
The ideal candidate will have a four-year college diploma or university degree in data
communications or computer science, and/or equivalent work experience. Min 6 years
hands on network support experience preferably with Arista or Cisco routers, switches,
and firewalls. Motivated and self-starter with good technical aptitude. Must have excellent
analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent communicator with the ability to convey
technical information to non-technical audience. Must work well under pressure.
Hands on experience with the following:
• Arista Switches, EOS
• Palo Alto Panorama, NG Firewalls (Palo Alto certifications preferred)
• Cisco IOS, NXOS,
• Strong experience with Routing Protocols BGP, OSPF, Layer 2 technologies
• Experience with Network security (Palo Alto firewalls, Prisma Access, IPsec VPN, dot1x)
• Experience with SNMP, Netflow, sflow and other Network Monitoring protocols and Methodologies
• Experience working with network monitoring and SIEM systems
• Strong Documentation and experience with MS Visio
• Exposure to Network automation with Python, Ansible, Arista CVP
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Benefits to working at National Hockey League include:
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision insurance effective on the date of hire
- 401(K) Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
- Generous PTO policy
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Company Holidays
- Salary range for this position is $145k - $175k
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.