This position will play a vital role in supporting New York Rangers Event Presentation. The Manager executes day-to-day logistics for the NYR event presentation department, entertainment (variety acts, in-game promotions, anthem performers, ceremonies, etc.), as well as supporting MSG departments that play a key role in executing the Rangers Event Presentation programming plan each season. The Manager is heavily involved in producing content for the Rangers Event Presentation, which involves drafting public address copy and game scripts, creating graphics/LED content sheets and leading activation of promotions/contests/presentations. Additionally, Manager will also serve in the role of secondary Rangers Game Director (i.e. "Show Caller") at home games, as needed.
- Serve as secondary Game Director (i.e. “Show Caller”) at home games as needed.
- Provide day-to-day support for Event Presentation with budget tracking, the writing and creation of scripts, managing live production elements including music, video, graphics, lighting, on-ice contests, ceremonies and promotions.
- Create, develop and update game scripts and logs to properly activate all sales, marketing, and game presentation goals.
- Write all public-address scripts and prepare game night production materials.
- Communicate with all production and in-arena content suppliers to guarantee strong implementation of all game night needs.
- Drive innovation for game entertainment and the in-game experience by creating ideas and supporting a collaborative atmosphere.
- Create and activate the Event Presentation calendar in conjunction with an aggressive promotions and marketing schedule.
- Assist in the creative development of unique theme nights and game day promotions that support overall Event Presentation Goals.
- Assist in the development of overall entertainment strategy, live event direction, creative management and coordination of in-arena electronic capabilities and technology.
- Concept and develop interactive ideas and in-game promotions that will continually improve the in-game experience.
- Develop profitable promotional opportunities (including, but not limited to time out promotions, intermissions and other in-game ideas) that benefit our fans (and corporate sales team).
- Compile key game info, including but not limited to statistics, player bios, league headlines & info, etc.
- Support EP rehearsals and adjust as needed to optimize execution.
- Assist with external team events such as viewing parties, draft parties, fan festivals, etc.
- Support in the communication process of necessary technical and logistical details/requests for games and events.
- Assist Game Director in graphics creation for Gardenvision.
- Update the season’s budget spending spreadsheet on a weekly basis. Process invoice payments for Rangers Event Presentation.
- Ability to lead
- Need to be able to communicate with all types of people (talent, producers, union staff, etc.)
- Organizational skills are a premium with multiple tasks in a year-round environment
- Creativity is needed to exceed the norm as the department must be the most creative in all avenues of operation
- Need to be able to work well with others in a team oriented environment
Technical / Functional Competencies
- Well-versed in NHL rules and regulations / must thoroughly understand the game of hockey at the professional level
- Always be able to source and act on industry trends
- Should have strong knowledge of theatrical lighting, music and live productions and techniques
- Strong communication abilities
- Must possess exceptional computer skills and an ability to generate cutting edge presentations
Key Experiences / Achievements
- 3-5 years of Event Presentation, Live Sports Production, or related, experience
- Proven ability to manage production teams
- Well versed in a wide array of musical knowledge
- Good entertainment industry contacts
- Undergraduate college degree a must