The Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to promoting Amateur Hockey & Fan Development initiatives for the summer internship program (May-August). Please read below for requirements and description.
Nashville Predators Internship Requirements
- Interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities.
- The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum.
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree (explain in your cover letter).
- Interns must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, per semester including non-traditional work hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. During the season this includes game nights.
- Interns must be fun, energetic and outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
- Internships do not provide housing, compensation or transportation.
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion.
Event Support Amateur Hockey & Fan Development Internship
This position assists the Amateur Hockey & Fan Development department in execution of grassroots youth/adult hockey and fan development initiatives, such as Get Out and Learn, Street Pride, Hockey Rules, Preds Fitness Challenge, Little Preds, Kids Club and various on-ice programming at Bridgestone Arena. Primary responsibility is to provide on-site support for game night concourse and plaza activities and attend all grassroots development events in the community in an effort to grow the game.
- Attend all Hockey Rules street hockey clinics during gym class at schools.
- Setup and teardown the Kids Zone concourse and plaza activities at all home games and team functions in an effort to promote initiatives to grow the game.
- Assist with Kids Club member recruitment and registration at all home games and team functions.
- Participate in weekday, evenings and weekend ice or street hockey clinics in the community and/or local rinks.
- Provide on-site support of season events such as Coaching Symposium, Hockey & Heels, Preds Cup, Hockey School, etc.
- Attend all Bridgestone Arena evening and weekend ice rentals as the on-site contact, answering questions for participants, parents and staff.
- Flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience working with children of all ages.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service approach.
- Upbeat, friendly personality. Polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced work environment.
- Hockey experience and/or skating skills recommended, but not necessary.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
We are looking to fill the summer 2018 position with two (2) people for game night and event support with a late May start date.
Please apply through www.teamworkonline.com
; no phone calls/emails please.