The Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to promoting Amateur Hockey & Fan Development initiatives for the summer internship program (May-August). Please read below for requirements and description.
Nashville Predators / Ford Ice Center Internship Requirements
- Interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities.
- The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum.
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree (explain in your cover letter).
- Interns must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, per semester including non-traditional work hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. During the season this may include game nights.
- Interns must be fun, energetic and outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
- Internships do not provide housing, compensation or transportation.
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion.
Amateur Hockey & Fan Development Administrative Internship
This position assists the Amateur Hockey & Fan Development in all aspects of preparation and execution of grassroots youth/adult hockey and fan development initiatives, such as Get Out And Learn, Street Pride, Preds Fitness Challenge, Little Preds, Hockey Rules, Kids Club, and various on-ice programming at Bridgestone Arena and Ford Ice Center. Primary responsibility is to provide day-to-day administrative support to department, including responding to general inquiries through email and phone, and maintain registration databases.
- Maintain request calendar for daily Hockey Rules street hockey program at schools.
- Assist efforts for Kids Club member recruitment and registration at home games and team functions. Assist fulfillment of online orders.
- Assist in responding to general inquiries about Ford Ice Center programming.
- Assist with season events such as Coaching Symposium, Hockey & Heels, Preds Cup, Hockey School, etc.
- Assist with web based postings, social media and photo gallery from department initiatives.
- Research youth/adult hockey and fan development programs from around the NHL.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service approach.
- Upbeat, friendly personality. Polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced work environment.
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and good driving record.