Facility Operations/Event Staff: Plumbing
· Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
· Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
· Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
· Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
· Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
· Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
· Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
· Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
· Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
· Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
· Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
· Clear away debris in a renovation.
· Repair flush valves, trouble shoot valves, angle stops, vacuum breakers, etc.
· Repair wall hung urinals (leaks).
· Reseal leaking toilets and remove and replace seals and reinstall commode.
· Trouble shoot shower valve issues and adjust chocks and replace cartridges.
· Responsible for sweating copper pipes, brazing brass, and threading iron pipes.
· Responsible for threading tools, pipe wrenches, torches and all other plumbing tools proficiently.
· Clear plumbing clogs using plungers, angers, snakes and electric cable machine.
· Assemble pipes (including PVC, iron, copper, C.P.V.C.) and repair with ends, garden hoses.
· Possess good knowledge of pump repair, pump alignment, air compressors and trouble-shooting pump system problems.
· Maintain, inspect and repair plumbing and associated equipment.
· Possess a good working knowledge of lift stations, sewage ejector pumps and domestic water pumps and check valves.
· Know and comply with OSHA requirements.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in general maintenance and repair of plumbing and related building systems.
· High school graduate or GED.
· Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Current plumbing license.
· In depth knowledge of plumbing and maintenance, including good knowledge of pump repair, pump alignment, air compressors and troubleshooting pump system problems anda good knowledge of lift stations, sewage ejector pumps and domestic water pumps and check valves.
· Experience working with high pressure steam.
· Must possess excellent communication skills.
· Ability to use Windows based computer systems.
· Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
· Accurately maintain records of parts used.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required in a team-oriented, can-do environment.
· Demonstrate attention to detail.
· Performance of all corrective and preventive maintenance duties related to plumbing systems.
· As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history check, driving history and character references.
· Ability to read technical documents, drawings and blueprints.
· Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to safety regulations and OSHA standards.
Essential Physical Functions
· Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting up to 75lbs., carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
· Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
· Ability to climb stairs.
· Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
· Ability to perform work at high heights.
· Ability to work in confined spaces.
· Work with high pressure steam.
· Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
· Capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended periods of time.
· Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
· Various power and hand tools.
· Forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and other light duty machinery as needed.
· PC and other office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.