Job Title: Skate Guard/Front Desk/Party Host
Department: Front of House
Job Reports To: Office Manager
- Serve as first point of contact for visitors and assist with rental skates.
- Help guests with payments for public skates.
- Spray down rental skates once turned in.
- Return skates to skate rack when session is over.
- Responsible for enforcing ice skating rules and safety procedures during public session.
- Assist with setup of hockey nets for games
- Operate Point of Sale unit for skate rentals.
- Balance register and fill out proper forms at beginning and end of shift.
- Assist with hosting birthday parties at the facility.
- Perform general closing responsibilities.
- Assist in maintaining general cleanliness of the facility.
- Perform upkeep items on checklist throughout the day.
- Clean up after guests, including removing trash around the rink.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Ford Ice General Manager and/or Office Manager/HR Administrator.
- 18+ years old.
- Ability to ice skate.
- Must be reliable, polite, cooperative, and work well with others.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, a pleasant demeanor and good judgement.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Ability to engage with and serve the public, especially children.
- Ability to work Friday-Sunday evening hours, including holidays.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Physical activities include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.