Job Title: Part Time Operations Conversion Technician
Job Reports To: Operations Supervisor
- Participate in precise set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment.
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order including preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescoping seating.
- Perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and document with completed checklists to ensure the proper conditions and that all safety aspects are reviewed.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional.
- Works safely, quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines.
- Possess a team player mentality; must be able to adapt to changes and work in a multi-client environment.
- Assist with supervising the work of temporary labor staff.
- Comply with OSHA/TOSHA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some experience in operation of light machinery.
- Prior conversion or event experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Required to work long hours on event days.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate hand and power tools.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to an extensive and thorough background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification, driving record check, and character references.
- Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 100 pounds, capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period.
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day.
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Various power and hand tools (including but not limited to sockets, wrenches, hammers, drills, impact wrench, allen wrenches, and screwdrivers).
- Light trucks, scrubbing machines, forklift, suction cups, pallet jacks, and man lifts.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.