Job Title: Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Job Reports To: Sr. Director of Marketing
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the team’s general marketing function, advertising activity and promotional efforts, with the ultimate goal of helping to deliver a clear/concise message to enhance awareness and ultimately deliver a brand experience that exceeds consumer expectations. This position is heavily focused on media buying and the execution of the day-to-day paid and unpaid promotional activities that support the objectives and goals of the organization. Candidate must have a professional attitude, a strong attention to detail and have the ability to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings and weekends, as required.
- Manage Sr. Marketing Coordinators, including but not limited to the following functions: training, developing, coaching, counseling and issuing consistent and routine feedback and guidance
- Serve as direct liaison with local agency to place effective and traffic advertising including print, digital, TV, radio, OOH to promote team ticket sales and promotions
- Serve as primary editor for all Predators advertising creative
- Coordinate and execute promotional activity with internal groups (Internet, Youth Marketing/Fan Development, Ticket Sales, Sponsorship, Broadcasting, Event Presentation, Bridgestone Arena) and external partners (traditional/non-traditional media outlets, community organizations)
- Support business analytics department and Sr. Marketing Director in data collection/post-promotion analysis to gauge ROI of campaigns and help guide future decisions
- Manage art, print and production requests and approvals with Creative Department in timely manner
- Traffic the delivery of campaign creative assets to all internal, media, vendor, and agency partners as necessary
- Work closely to support internal marketing team and agency on execution of special projects, including promotional opportunities with Bridgestone Arena, grassroots initiatives, events, video shoots and more
- Assist with various marketing activities during home games
- Develop seasonal themes that reinforce the Nashville Predators brand and drive revenue
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.A. Degree in marketing or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years marketing or related experience
- Excellent communicator with strong writing and editing skills
- Must possess a professional attitude and a desire to learn from a talented team
- Experience in multitasking with multiple time-intensive projects
- Proactive planner with a sense of urgency, creativity, style and attention to detail
- Perform under tight deadlines thinking clearly under pressure
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Agency or entertainment advertising/promotions background preferred
- The ability to work well and collaborate with people in a team environment
- Previous media buying experience preferred
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history, previous employment verification and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Club’s insurance carrier.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by team/event schedule
- Lifting and handling heavy equipment and props required
- Physical activities include sitting, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to work in cold temperatures on occasion.
- High finger dexterity.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.