Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Electrician
Job Title: Journeyman/Maintenance Electrician
Job Reports To: Director, Engineering Operations
- Performs the installation and repair of various electrical and electronic equipment including AC/DC motors motor controls, transformers, switchboards, and facility lighting and lamps.
- Installs electrical system components (e.g. lighting, alarms, electrical panels, switches, circuits, scoreboards, timers, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded electrical capabilities.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Analyzes drawing, schematics, blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Assist operations personnel as directed.
- Assist in other projects as assigned by management.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- High school diploma.
- Five years of commercial/industrial electrical maintenance experience or two year degree in electrical field.
- Limited Licensed Electrician License.
- Journeyman Electrician license preferred.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Power’s insurance carrier.
- Electrical experience and familiarity with general facility maintenance.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to operate facility lighting control system with personal computer.
- Ability to read and write and understand complex directions.
- Flexible with regard to work schedules; hours might include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to be on call as assigned.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Diagnostic skills.
- Must pay close attention to safety regulations.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Individual must be flexible and willing to assist operations personnel as directed.
- Individual must be a self-directed worker and set an example to performing quality and professional work.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Powers Management’s insurance carrier.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting of up to 75 lbs., carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended period.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
- Required to work long hours on event days.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to carry, move, bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day.
- Able to work in different degrees of heights and occasional working at heights above 10 ft.
- Able to work in crawl and/or confined spaces
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, and dust.
- Ability to wear face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Various hand and power tools as required.
- Voltage meters.
- Forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and other light duty machinery as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.