The Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to promoting amateur hockey development initiatives as the Ford Ice Center Hockey Operations Intern for the Fall internship program (August - December). Please read below for requirements and description.
- All interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities.
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree.
- Interns must work a minimum of 25 hours per week, per semester including weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays. During the NHL season this may include game nights.
- Interns must be high-energy, detail-oriented, team players.
- Internships do not provide compensation, housing, nor do they guarantee full-time positions upon completion.
This position assists the Hockey Department in all aspects of preparation and execution of hockey development initiatives, such as free entry level programs Get Out And Learn! and Try Hockey For Free; assists in weekday, week night and/or weekend ice hockey programs such as learn to play PREDecessor, NPAHA house league activities, and youth/adult clinics.
- Support day-to-day operations of hockey classes, clinics and leagues conducted by the Ford Ice Center Hockey Staff.
- Assist in marketing, registration and logistics of on-ice programs to include, but not limited to responding to email/phone inquiries.
- Aid primary instructor during beginner level classes by demonstrating introductory skating skills, play games and come up with creative activities for the classes.
- Attend all programs to be the on-site contact, answering questions for participants, parents and staff.
- Collect, clean, fit and distribute Ford Ice Center rental equipment.
- Develop content for website to include photo galleries, news stories, and coordinates social media posts.
- Assist with marketing/promotions of Ford Ice Center programs at Bridgestone Arena for Preds home games.
- Assist the Ford Ice Center Hockey Department with other responsibilities as needed.
- Candidates must like to work with children and have previous interaction with the public, be detail oriented and have an upbeat, friendly personality.
- Hockey knowledge recommended and must possess basic ice-skating ability; USA Hockey Level 1 Coaching certification preferred.
- Basic level proficiency of social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and programs such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Effective communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, demonstrate follow through, and adapt well to change.
Please apply through www.teamworkonline.com
; no phone calls/emails please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.