The Minnesota Sports and Entertainment organization which includes the Minnesota Wild and the Saint Paul Arena Company is currently seeking a full-time Journeyman Electrician. This is a technical position involved in the electrical duties throughout the Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul RiverCentre, Roy Wilkins Auditorium, Tria Rink, Herbies and 317 on Rice Park.
- Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate events including evening and weekends.
- Perform all work with related to electrical needs of the entire campus.
- Assist with the discussion of production and technical requirements with event staff.
- Monitor electrical needs and equipment during production, rehearsals and events as needed.
- Perform production tie-in into electrical services.
- Repair and maintain electrical systems and other related equipment.
- Consult with and assist all on-site electrical contractors and other contractors in close association with electrical systems and conduit.
- Safely perform electrical work on high voltage systems (480/277) and 13,800 volt switching.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must possess a Class A journey level electricians license issued by the State of Minnesota.
- Master License preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Class A licensed journey level electrician.
- Must have a clean driving record with a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to Tria Rink, Hockey Lodge sites, and pick up supplies.
- Physical requirements include walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Heights – job requires being able to work on ladders, scissors lifts and catwalks in the arena and auditorium (heights in access of 100 feet)
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
The Minnesota Wild is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by Monday, October 29, 2018 at: