Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in El Segundo, CA
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
AEG Company: Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club
Company Information: AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
AEG and the LA Kings seek a Supervisor, Game & Event Production & Entertainment. The Supervisor, Game & Event Production & Entertainment for the Los Angeles Kings is a highly-organized and creative professional with a passion for sports-entertainment, as well as live event planning and production. The individual will associate produce all LA Kings home games as directed, as well as assist in the coordination of all LA Kings Signature Events and department events as assigned. This includes: pre-production, live production, field producing (including live & pre-taped segments), post-production, operations, vendor coordination, staffing assignments, and developing fact sheets, scripts, rundowns, run-of-show documents, etc. as directed. This individual is also responsible for assisting with and helping coordinate all in-arena, on-ice, and event activities/promotions/operations on game days. They will supervise and oversee department part-time stage managers, in-arena hosts, music director, DJ, and PA announcer staff and additional part-time game/event staff as directed.
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of our part-time event staff (stage managers, in-arena/event hosts, music director, DJ, PA Announcer) as directed.
- This includes: hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, directing and communicating game/event/appearance assignments & responsibilities, appraising performance, uniforms/wardrobe, props/materials, and coordinating with additional Game & Event Management staff on personnel matters as needed.
- Manage & coordinate operational requests from LA Kings to Staples Center for all game day needs, including pre & post-game events.
- Coordinate with all departments to secure needs/requests/info; compile game-by-game fact sheets with all operational details & distribute to LA Kings/Staples Center staff; hold pre-homestand meetings with Kings/Staples Center to discuss each game & review fact sheets.
- Serve as liaison for our department & coordinate with group sales managers to ensure all logistical and operational needs related to group experiences are covered.
- Funnel all requests to/from Staples Center operations. Communicate activation timing & details to all group sales reps necessary.
- Associate Producer for all LA Kings home games and events as directed.
- Work directly with Lead Producer/Sr, Director, talent, guests, and staff on a variety of production & operations-oriented tasks, including: field producing, pre-production, facilitating rehearsals, and helping coordinate live promotions and activities, including special presentations, ceremonies, etc. Serve as backup game/event producer as needed/assigned.
- Assist with the presentation, production and operations of key organizational events (such as: pre-game Fan Fests, Meet the Players/Holiday Festival, State of the Franchise, Draft Party, Watch Parties, etc.) and additional department and organizational events as assigned.
- Works closely with AEG/LA Kings Global Partnership activation team to secure game/event activation needs, including: prizing, props, specialized waivers or claim forms, etc.
- Maintain & coordinate the LA Kings National Anthem database. Work with Lead Producer/Sr. Director to schedule & book talent as directed.
- Coordinate all day-to-day aspects of the program, including: scheduling, confirmations, reception and sound-checks on game/event days, and assisting with/handling any additional talent hospitality-related needs.
- Maintain department administrative, sales, fundraising, and budget-related tracking, including: staffing & payroll tracking, Bailey’s Buddies & Pawn Shop Sales, all other items sold for Kings Care Foundation by department staff, social media tracking, and other elements as assigned.
- Pre-production on LA Kings game days, including: pre-loading graphic content as needed into the CG/Ross Expression system & pre-set game stacks as requested by Game Producer.
- Ensure all LA Kings game computers are set up, properly formatted, tested, & ready in the control room prior to each game (social media feed and/or interactive gaming).
- Build graphic and/or video content for Bailey/Ice Crew social media as requested. Produce & design social content for Ice Crew social media platforms by working with other account managers to determine posting schedule and ensuring the accounts are active during games and events.
- Ensure maintenance of consistent content during non-game/event days.
- Maintain full game program feed records per NHL requirements.
- Ensure KiPro hard drive is ready and delivered to the control room each game and setup for recording. Ensure backup recording option(s) are in place.
- Pull game feed off KiPro & backup onto department hard drive each game to prep for backup onto the server.
- Pull clips as requested by other departments, game producer, NHL, or editors/animators. Prep/organize video clips & footage onto timelines for department editors as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Supervisor, Game & Event Production & Entertainment must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Supervisory or managerial experience, including direct supervision of part-time and/or full-time staff, hiring, training, assigning projects/duties, appraising performance, rewarding employees and/or addressing disciplinary matters, addressing issues and complaints, and solving problems.
- Event coordination or management experience, including: coordination directly with venues & facilities, booking and working with vendors, creating event layouts & production-related documents, staffing, catering, securing event-related municipal permits, securing & implementing A/V elements, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point; ability to learn required business systems
- Passion for live event planning and production with a goal of maximizing guest experience
- Prior Game Operations, stage management, marketing, promotions, and/or sales experience is a plus
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management and guests; ability to maintain composure and poise in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive, self-motivated, creative self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Available to work various hours including evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
- Click here to enter text.
- Highly organized, resourceful, extremely detail-oriented, quick learner
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills – ability to communicate instructions, needs, assignments, and requests effectively and professionally.
- Proficient multitasker - ability to successfully manage several projects at once, prioritize assignments, manage expectations of internal and external sources and be extremely organized
- High ethical standards, integrity and strong sense of confidentiality; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?