AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Coach/Assistant General Manager of the Beijing Jr. Kings Hockey Club, is a full-time staff member based in China who helps the Head Coach/General Manager oversee the hockey and business operations of the Beijing Jr. Kings Hockey Club. The AC/GM oversees the business administration duties, coaching, and player development tasks as directed by the HC/GM to help achieve the program goals. The AC/AGM will work in conjunction with the LA Kings Hockey Development Department to help facilitate the growth of the sport of hockey in China and all department development goals.
- Direct and supervise the BJK business and hockey operations initiatives as designated by the LA Kings Hockey Development Department and/or the BJK Head Coach/General Manager.
- Complete planning and implementation of a successful hockey skill and strategy development, and hockey specific strength & conditioning programs, using USA Hockey ADM principles for players beginning at age 5 and progressing through age 18 as directed by the BJK HC/GM.
- Capacity to provide on-going program evaluation and individual progress reporting.
- Assist in the compilation of a standardized BJK skill instruction database (written and video) using USA Hockey, Hockey Canada, and LAK resources for use by all BJK players and coaches with appropriate beginner, intermediate and advanced skill progression as directed by the BJK HC/GM.
- Assist in the identification of players and the marketing of relevant club information including mission, goals, program structure, coaching expertise and success to prospective players and their families also including creation of standardized evaluation criteria reporting.
- Coordinate the assembly of teams and ensure the utmost safety and well-being of players (SafeSport) during all club events, placing specific emphasis on retention of players and families.
- Provide expertise in furthering the goals of the LAK Hockey Development Department, specifically but not limited to assistance in the creation of: Standardized skill instruction, programs to evaluate and track skill development, and programs to assist in the development of coaching expertise in the China hockey market.
- Provide assistance in the development of a comprehensive hockey plan to integrate the capabilities and resources of local hockey organizations and ice-rinks in China for continued growth of the Jr. Kings brand as directed by the BJK HC/GM.
- Assist in overseeing and monitoring the maintenance and utilization of BJK home rink physical resources allocated to the BJK (including but not limited to the ice, dressing rooms, and training room) and facilitate the use of new and innovative teaching methods (including video and other electronic media) to further BJK program goals.
- Integrate the LAK Player Development group where possible/available in both player and coaching development.
- Communicate directly, on an ongoing basis with the Sr. Director of Hockey Development, the general and specific plans and progress regarding BJK activities.
- Ensure an ongoing adherence by all players (both on and off-ice), their families and coaches to the CJK code of ethics, organizational philosophy, and the LAK/AEG/LAJK image.
- Act as assistant chair of the Dispute Resolution sub-committee to educate and fairly manage infractions.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- NHL or Olympic National Team playing experience required
- Proven track record of managing personnel in a business environment required
- Knowledge of Rinknet (or similar) preferred
- Knowledge of strength and conditioning principles
- Knowledge of USA Hockey ADM principles
- Ability to obtain a Chinese visa
- Ability to work or relocate to China.
- Fluent in Mandarin a plus
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) preferred
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of professional or Olympic hockey playing experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of business experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of elite level coaching experience preferred
- Experience running adult or youth hockey programs or organizations preferred
- Event management experience preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.