Assistant Coach and Assistant General Manager, Beijing Jr. Kings with Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club in Beijing, N/A
Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Beijing, N/A
Player Operations: Hockey - Coach
AEG Company: Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club
Company Information: AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
• AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
• AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
• AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
• AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
• AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
AEG and the Los Angeles Kings’ seek an Assistant Coach/Assistant General Manager of the Beijing Jr. Kings Hockey Club. The Assistant Coach/Assistant General Manager of the Beijing Jr. Kings Hockey Club is a full-time staff member based in China who assists the Head Coach/GM in running the hockey and business operations of the Beijing Jr. Kings Hockey Club. The AC/ASG is responsible for practice plan preparation, business administration tasks, communication with rink staff, player skill development, team coaching staff, and achieving program goals. The AC/AGM will work in conjunction with the LA Kings Hockey Development Department to help facilitate the growth of the sport of hockey in China and achieve all department development goals.
• Perform Beijing Jr. Kings (BJK) business and hockey operations tasks as designated by the LA Kings Hockey Development Department.
• Communicate effectively and clearly with host rink staff and educate rink staff on the best practices of a successful youth hockey programs.
• Assist HC/GM in the planning and implementation of a successful hockey skill & strategy development program and hockey specific strength & conditioning program, using USA Hockey ADM principles for players beginning at age 5 and progressing through age 18.
• Provide regularly scheduled weekly, monthly, and seasonal written practice plans/goals and written individual player evaluation reports for distribution to program parents and host rink staff.
• Oversee the compilation of a standardized BJK skill instruction database (written and video) using USA Hockey and LA Kings resources for use by all BJK players and coaches with appropriate beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill progression.
• Assist HC/GM in creating and supervising an BJK Hockey Staff to meet regularly to collect information, implement new ideas, and advance the program goals.
• Lead the identification of players and the marketing to prospective players and their families.
• Plan and implement the strategy for attracting, recruiting, and contracting coaches that will effectively deliver the BJK program.
• Develop functional expertise of the coaching staff in the pursuance of their assigned duties.
• Coordinate the assembly of teams and ensure the utmost safety and well-being of players (SafeSport) during all club events, placing specific emphasis on retention of players and families.
• In conjunction with rink staff, create a feeder system that creates new players for the BJK. Programs to include but not limited to Learn To Skate, Learn To Play, In House Leagues, and skill development camps/clinics.
• Provide leadership expertise in the development of a comprehensive hockey plan to integrate the capabilities and resources of local hockey organizations and ice-rinks in China for continued growth of the Jr. Kings brand.
• Monitor the maintenance and utilization of BJK home rink physical resources allocated to the BJK (including but not limited to the ice, dressing rooms, and training room) and facilitate the use of new and innovative teaching methods (including video and other electronic media) to further BJK program goals.
• Communicate directly, on an ongoing basis with the Sr. Director of Hockey Development, the general and specific plans and progress regarding BJK activities.
• Ensure an ongoing adherence by all players (both on and off-ice), their families and coaches to the BJK code of ethics, organizational philosophy, and the LAK/AEG/LAJK image.
• Act as a member of the Dispute Resolution sub-committee to educate and fairly manage infractions.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Assistant Coach/Assistant General Manager of the Beijing Jr. Kings Hockey Club must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively specifically through email.
• Proven track record of managing personnel in a business environment required
• In depth knowledge of the sport of hockey required
• Knowledge of Rinknet (or similar)
• Knowledge of strength and conditioning principles
• Knowledge of USA Hockey ADM principles
• Ability to obtain a Chinese visa.
• Ability to work or relocate to China
• Fluent in Mandarin preferred
• Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) preferred
· A minimum of 3 years related work experience required.
· A minimum of 2 years of professional, collegiate, or junior hockey playing experience required.
· A minimum of 2 years of business experience required.
· A minimum of 2 years of elite level youth hockey coaching experience required.
· Experience running adult or youth hockey programs or organizations required.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.