The VP, Ticket Sales & Service oversees all aspects of ticket sales and service including: season tickets, groups and client service. This position will execute sales strategies that deliver revenue targets and maximize profit margins while overseeing departmental budgets, working closely with vendors, undertaking a collaborative effort of all stakeholders, and collaborating with all segments of the organization.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis. Demonstrate a leadership approach/style that promotes the values of the organization; provide effective leadership and management oversight to all sales and service teams.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals; hire, develop, evaluate, mentor and manage team; ensure appropriate organization structure(s), level of staffing and build bench strength.
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales plans for achieving annual and long-term revenue and profitability growth targets.
- Develop and implement sales training programs for existing and new sales colleagues, including Directors, Sales Managers and Account Executives.
- Create and maintain a constant teaching/learning environment for all colleagues aimed at implementing best practices in the areas on sales and service.
- Continuously evaluate business processes to create efficiencies in the sales, delivery and customer service disciplines.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and metrics which drive results and provide informed recommendations and effective decision making.
- Assess the existing sales approach, ensuring standards, processes and solution-selling methodologies are in place to serve existing and new potential customers most effectively.
- Maximize new profitable business opportunities and customer retention. Constantly evolve the overall strategy for the department including the identification of opportunities utilizing data and technology.
- Develop broker, distribution and other strategies based on the ever-evolving marketplace.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, openness, diversity and a consistently safe work environment.
- Collaborate closely with and leverage the marketing team to ensure marketing and media programs are effectively and efficiently laser targeting the very best ticket buying prospects to stimulate optimal demand.
- Collaborate closely with and leverage the business intelligence team to ensure all seating products are appropriately (and efficiently) strategized, scaled, priced, marketed and sold.
- Collaborate closely with and leverage the finance team to develop forecasting projections with consistent, accurate and relevant sales revenue, profit, and expense budget models that meet business objectives. Work closely with finance to ensure highly accurate and reliable monthly and annual sales forecasts.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on business, management, sports, sales or related field.
- 12+ years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in sales.
- Proven sales leader with a demonstrated track record of performance and business achievements in lower-demand situations.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Evidence of being a strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans.
- Evidence of planning acumen, analytical expertise and long-term strategic outlook with proven results.
- Evidence of a successful leadership track record with high ethical standards.
- Evidence of highly developed collaboration, persuasion, relationship building and interpersonal skills that results in the trust from peers, public and private stakeholders and company ownership/leadership.
- Strong leadership, planning, management and organizational experience, directing the outcome of multiple, complex projects.
- Demonstrated communication effectiveness in all forms and the ability to educate and inform broad audiences with evidence of well-developed influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Proficient at Microsoft applications. Internet, professional databases. Evidence of knowledge of current technologies and remain up to date with processes and best practices emerging in the industry.
- No employment or contractual restrictions due to existing confidentiality and/or non-competition agreement and ability and willingness to sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with an Ilitch company.
- Master’s Degree in business, management, sports, sales or related field.
- Knowledge of the Detroit market, including key consumers and contacts.
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
- Exposure to elements of a typical office environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.